Erica Synths SYNTRX

haha, I didn’t see the question above. I’m curious about the same!

How many companies would go the extra mile like that for nothing. Kudos to Erica Synths.

6 Likes

No idea.

1 Like

yeah I don’t know that I’d send it back to Latvia from the states for this mod (expensive, and risky). but if it’s relatively easy, I’d do it myself. or mid-level difficult, I have tech options for it.

I live in Finland so Latvia is right around the corner. Erica Synths have always been very DIY-friendly so getting the info from them could be possible.

Zimmer would be proud.

What an epic synth.

15 Likes

From what I’ve seen for other gear (e.g. Nord Modular), it could be as simple as bypassing capacitors at the input stage. I’m not sure how they do it on the Syntrx though, so I may be a bit wrong, but either way it should be a simple mod.

1 Like

Damn, that is awesome! You’re certainly pulling the magic out of that box. :slight_smile:

1 Like

While I can’t disagree with this, you also did an amazing job of helping those sounds find their way out of the Syntrx.

1 Like

C#*TS ALIVE DAVE!

That sounds fantastic.

1 Like

mammoths crossing the tundra

1 Like

Thanks dude:)
It’s truly a sound design dream this. Still exploring and experimenting, but I’m soon going to incorporate this into techno productions.

@graverubber that’s quite a beautiful description of this

4 Likes

That’s so good dude. And not even using the mod matrix!

1 Like

Certainly using the matrix (without matrix, no sound);). I turned the LEDs off because they interfere with the spring reverb which is being used heavily in this patch. It’s one of the quirky things about syntrix. You can actually turn off the matrix’s LEDs so you don’t hear the interference through the reverb :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Dieter says delete.

1 Like

But they all have to go too soon ;). Most of them are just loaners - but I’m happy anyways to be given the opportunity.

I’ve just mounted my Syntrx in a small rack and noticed the joystick is pretty loose for about half its range. It’s so loose that it can’t hold up its own weight. This makes it unusable when the unit’s rack mounted!

Has anyone else experienced this?

(I’ve emailed Erica already)

Yep. I too am wondering about it. I’ve got mine on a note stand and I’m constantly changing the angle just to keep it functional.

This sounds like a repeating problem. What a shame!

Aw crap, now I want one.

This might sound weird, but I wonder if I can do something like that with the VCS3… :thinking:

2 Likes