Erica Synths SYNTRX

careful, this things costs over £3k including tax - you’ll be accused of being a smug, entitled collector next… I think you’re supposed to wait until Uli B makes one for £199 … :wink: :rofl:

2 Likes

If you are in the EU or UK, get one here and take advantage of the German reduced VAT:

https://www.justmusic.de/Keys/Synthesizer/Desktop-Synthesizer/Erica-Synths-SYNTRX

Wow … was about 100€ cheaper the other day … they raised the price, but you can get it now :wink:

thanks but I’m in the states. there are retailers that have it stateside now though. some for pre-order, some in stock. better than dealing with customs/duties myself.

Thonman have it up for app 2.5k but I’m not sure how much extra import would be.

they’re at 2999 USD. probably work out to be the same as US retailers after duties.

1 Like

unfortunate

I found if you use the joystick to push the output level of the syntrx you can start putting some nice saturation on the inputs. The song is still just a sketch but loving the little extra spice it adds.

6 Likes

A great feature is that the two channels of the joystick correspond to two MIDI CCs. I tried this and I love that the movements can be recorded and replayed.

BTW: IMO the Sytntrx delivers a very deep and strong bass.

2 Likes

Fairly high in a general sense, but compare that to the Hornet or Portabella for three times the price. IMO the Syntrx comes out favorably in just about every regard. Unless the pins are absolutely one’s thing :wink:

Exactly … the pins are an advantage by just taking one manual step to connect an output to an input. But to have saved patches is great during a performance, if the settings of the knobs work for two different patches. Just swap patches and get a different behaviour. Erica Synths should implement PGM change via MIDI :wink:

1 Like

THAT would be cool! You could animate semi-smooth patch morphs like a wavetable.

1 Like

I see that SynthAnatomy picked the SYNTRX as one of the best experimental hardware synths of 2020.

ASIDE: Other synths picked by SynthAnatomy for 2020
  • Moog Subharmonicon
  • Eowave Quadrantid Swarm
  • Elta Music Solar 50
  • Meng Qi Wing Pinger
  • Neutral Labs Elmyra
  • Gamechanger Audio Motor Synth
  • Herbs and Stones Liquid Foam
  • Vector Synthesizer 2.0
3 Likes

Came across this more traditional use of it, has a bit of a radiohead vibe to me

8 Likes

Made a little demo style text tutorial showing off live patching oscillator fm on an acid patch. Text timing still might need a little work.

5 Likes

I’ve just published a no talking demo of the SYNTRX. Maybe you find it interesting.

3 Likes

yeah both of the demos gattobus has up are great (as is the one just above! ^^^). I’m also curious where gattobus got the EMS style knobs… :thinking:

3 Likes

Sounds great!

Nice! Man you get all the nice toys!

I was bit skeptical when this was announced, but there have been some nice demo’s coming out. I still wish they would have had the mod matrix to be able to use physical pins.

I was a bit worried about that also but I dont think the etchascetch knob style input is really very different in speed, its probably faster for some stuff like changing the resistance level on a pin quickly and obviously being able to load up fully saved patches. Mentally with pins you sort of drag them across the rows to make sure they line up correctly which is similar. The encoders on the Syntrx are the really chunky clicky type which feel very tactile and precise for this sort of function. I do think physical pins have maybe a bit more sporadic mindstate when using them. There are some tradeoffs but I think most importantly the syntrx matrix feels really good to use.

2 Likes