Expressive E Osmose

You can download the EaganMatrix User Guide on this webpage. Then check out all the available modules on page 5 and 6. The short answer is that there exist onboard FX.

2 Likes

No, “Processing in progress” is indeed the step after that.

1 Like

Mine should be shipped tomorrow, and I’m in France….

9 Likes

Very cool!!! looking forward to everyone’s first impressions (I paid a week ago, stil ‘on backorder’)

Yup- I was ‘on backorder (paid)’ for a day or so before this new message/email!
Just need the shipping number now :slight_smile:

lol,
mine has also now gone to “Processing in progress”
I think there are quite a few in the same boat (batch :))

perhaps they are going to try to push, to get these out the door by the weekend…

hey, but none of this really matters, a few days, weeks given the wait - is no big deal really :slight_smile:

edit: ooh, think @chapelierfou will be first ? esp. as in France…
(did you get any notification its shipping tomorrow?)
Im in Spain, so shouldn’t take too long, but rather depend on local delivery leg, which can be good or terrible !

2 Likes

Got in touch with them.

1 Like

And @chapelierfou did it come?

1 Like

Nope… Still ‘in progress’…

There’s a quick start video I saw linked elsewhere:

(Update, video has been moved to private)

Supposedly there’s a quick start guide available for the people on the preorder under their order summary.

3 Likes

Awesome thanks!!!

Here it is

Osmose_QuickStartGuide.pdf (1.4 MB)

4 Likes

Yup, looks like a fair bit of control and all the EaganMatrix macros and the effects section are controllable by the looks of it. (Not the giant matrix routing but that would be a pain on that screen).

I’ll be interested to see the “hooking up an external controller” guides like there are for the continuums as I want to know that workflow beforehand as anything I get has to be dual use for wind controllers.

Looks like they took the video private. I watched a little of it earlier, but I was hoping to return.

(It’s a silly move. I understand that they created it for the backers, of which I am not a member – but this is exactly the sort of non-marketing marketing material that actually moves the needle for me.)

Has anybody else noticed that the new Haken editor for Osmose is a MAX patch that requires the €319,- cycling74 MAX or a subscription? Or am I mistaken.
If not this would really suck.

1 Like

I haven’t looked into it. You can use Max MSP without license as long as you are running a patch without saving. It depends on the exact use if or how large this limitation really will be. If you can save and even load presets to and from the Osmose all functionality could be there. Let’s see.

You can download the demo version of Max which will just work for this purpose: https://support.cycling74.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050778313-Standalones-and-sharing-your-code-with-others

It is the same for Haken Continuum users. No need to save the Max patch - saving presets in the Editor is independent from that functionality.

1 Like

Is it not a 30 day demo that is save disabled? I also read on the Haken site that the editor is really slow to load and stop. Not happy. It seems like the already fidgety eaganmatrix editor just hit a whole new level of user unfriendliness.

1 Like

Yup definitely helped in understanding how this would work. It also had a pretty clear explanation of the initial pressure range and subsequent pressure range after the discontinuity.

Sake! I missed the video! Sure it willl pop back up again. Looking forward to seeing it inevitably work its magic on me.

2 Likes