Expressive E Osmose

Discover a new musical side of you and enjoy every single note you’re playing.

2 Likes

We have a release date from the Rudess video, it’s supposed to be released January 5th, said at around 14:35.

Haha indeed

… and it’s gone. Kicked me off while listening it.

Sounds I heard were pretty in line with:

As is tradition.

So what do we think, is the osmose going to be the next big thing? Sell like hot dogs? Change the synth world as we know it?

1 Like

My guess if it’s executed well would be that it’d move the needle for MPE & PolyAT a fair bit like the Hydrasynth moved the needle for Polyphonic Aftertouch.

And if it gets wide enough usage it’ll probably increase interest in physical modelling stuff and some of the less common stuff in the EaganMatrix.

I work in the tech industry so I’m pretty immune to that kind of hype but it’ll likely do quite well given the interest in the initial preorders (provided nothing glaringly bad happens in the first round of people getting it).

It could be MPE’s killer app or it could end up more like the existing MPE controllers which have a small die hard group, only time will tell.

2 Likes

IMO as long as Korg, Roland, Yamaha and co. don’t jump on the MPE train, all these products will fill in a niche. That’s not to say that they won’t inspire a lot of musicians and contribute to the big ones moving at last.

2 Likes

A couple of questions:

Does anyone have any thoughts or knowledge as to the actual real world/full release price of the Osmose?

And do you think they’ll eventually make versions with more keys?

Price is 1,500E + VAT if applicable
No idea about more keys, guess it depends how well sales go, seems possible if its a hit.

2 Likes

Thank you.

In current times i’d say its not expensive

1 Like

Is this based on the price that used to be on the website (now under construction) or is it another source?

Because I suspect that the price point they set 3+ years ago may have changed.

If it has they haven’t advertised a new price yet, that was the last price on the web site a week or so ago before the put the ‘coming soon’ page up.

1 Like

Yeah, my thinking is that part of the ‘coming soon’ page has to do with them figuring out a new price point (along with getting updated visuals from the final product, etc.). But maybe I’m wrong.

From Expressive E Instagram Story:

6 Likes

About the price:
On the invoice it says 1511,77€ which is 1799€ with Tax Rate 19% (Germany).
Minus “Early Bird supporter discount” of 40% (604,71€)
This doesn’t mean that they hold on to these price later but at least it says now that this in the booking system.

Given how they reiterated 1799 in the Superbooth videos it’s likely to be around there.

Best guess would be that they try to avoid the leading digit effect by staying under 2k USD/EUR.

The price I’m paying as an early bird feels really cheap to me. I really hope they still make an okay profit on these units :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Anybody got anything else than “On backorder” or “ Processing in progress” as their status on the Expressive E website?

1 Like