F i l l s!

FILLS!!

I just want to scream from a mountain top about how great Fills are!

Loving them on my A4’s CV track triggering my TM-2, and really loving them on Rytm.
With Rytm, I have loads of empty trigs to populate with probability/fill trigs because of all the available voices. Never had to use sound locks much with Rytm (unlike A4).
Fills are like 128 more patterns per project.

Really hard to have GAS for other synths and sequencers since this last update.

1 Like

:slight_smile: Agreed! Fills are a really welcome addition to the Rytm sequencer. Love the new trig functions for getting away from that static 4 bar loop feeling.
Was quite amazed to see yet more updates to the synthesis capabilities in the A4/AK too
Hope the Rytm gets some love, in the same fashion, later down the line…

Good to see fills and new features get some love finally
:wink: :heart:

Absolutely … a great improvement - thanks elektron.

Played around with it and it really makes a difference.

Loving it, too!

Though, I wish there was a way to activate the fills so that you didn’t have to it manually. Possibly in the next update, eh eh?

What about having 24 of them with different length, measure or even complete different settings and all instantly ready to shoot?

See here

Sorry, zfigz, I don’t understand what you mean by that?
Like a way to activate it other than holding down the page/scale button?
i.e. MIDI activation?

What about having 24 of them with different length, measure or even complete different settings and all instantly ready to shoot?

See here
http://www.elektronauts.com/t/rytm-pad-features/16798[/quote]
Just use a Tempest for that.

[quote="“AdamJay”"]

i.e. MIDI activation?[/quote]
I think he means a toggle condition, to switch between on and off.
Now that I think about it, it’s weird it hasn’t been implemented, as it seems so trivial.

Now that I think about it, it’s weird it hasn’t been implemented, as it seems so trivial.[/quote]
my vote’s for Page+Yes to latch the Page(Fill) down - Page again unlocks
easy to remember as it’s Yes+Page whilst in Step mode
but Elektron may have other reasons for not making it latching stylee

[/quote]
:joy: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :joy:

edit: …ermm…i know it’s out of context here but: any chance of like 3-4 more emoticons? i feel emotionally constricted :astonished: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Now that I think about it, it’s weird it hasn’t been implemented, as it seems so trivial.[/quote]
Aaaaah, got it now. Thanks for clarifying. My mind was still in a slight tequila haze.
Speaking of which, leaving your (empty) shot glass on the page button may do the trick!
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :joy: :imp:

What’s wrong with switching patterns the regular way, in direct jump mode? The legato-style behaviour is perfect for punching in fills / variance.
Then you have your main pattern with fill patterns right beside it at the press of a button (or combo press anyway). Maybe it would be nice if the bank buttons could latch rather than time out…

Anyway, I like how that gives you the opportunity to do chromatic / scene / performance stuff with one hand, and pattern changes with the other.

Oh man! I finally got the chance to update my Elektron Analogs. The fills are really really super amazing! Just toying around with it and I am really impressed.

Thank you, Elektron!

Fills are superhandy for playing live… the lots of states make you combine two or more patterns in one! dial in with just a press, no sub menu, no twohand finger combination for pattern switches… GENIUS!
add probality makes a amazing randomish suprise…
and yeah… one hand free for the synths and other gear while live… just punch in variations makes everything more living…

Small add on… BIG results… gorgeous… AR = THE TOTALLY RIGHT CHOICE :-))

yea the fills make the live sets come alive !

love the 42% !
I guess Elektron have aseked the right question :smiley:

:alien:

:confused:
Can’t catch 42% !!
Goddam mice !