F i l l s!

Game-changing OS update.

Elektron has once again ruined me for synthesizers, drum machines, and sequencers. Nothing can compete.

sorry whatā€™s the 42%? lol

Exactly the way I feel.
May even let go of the Push 2 and just buy FX.

sorry whatā€™s the 42%? lol[/quote]
ha ha dont know didnā€™t say 42% maybe 42% chance you set comes aliveā€¦???

Hey all, Iā€™m a new RYTM owner and have the latest OS. How do I access these mentioned fills?

Begin by downloading the updated version of the manual from Elektronā€™s website and reading page 43.

Seems like I neeeeeeed to update my Rytm =]

So I got to dig into fills last night for a bit.
Fills mixed with probability, really stretches the possibilities of 1 pattern.

One thing I naturally want to do with fills Iā€™m not sure is possible.
I always want to set a p-lock on a trig thats not in the fill, but the p-lock to be active in the fill.
For example, I want to have a stagnant note kick, then I want to add a variety of notes on the fill, some of those different notes I want to happen on the trigs that are for the stagnant note.
Like I want the trig to play regardless, but I want the ā€œfillā€ to trigger p-locks.
Does that make since?
Is that possible?

Iā€™d love to hear more ideas on fills.
How are you using/experimenting with them?

Anyways, hereā€™a little take I did using trying some fill functionality.
Before I recorded the A4 stuff sounded better but whatever.

Hey Guys Iā€™m not seeing this ā€œScaleā€ thing in the manual on page 43. It says ā€œYes + Scaleā€. Where is this to access fills config? I see TRC but knob D does nothing.

As mentioned in the first sentence of the same page in the manual, it only works as a parameter lock.

Therefore, you have to hold down a step while turning the knob to access the different TRC settings.

Yes - My idea too !!
No - but it was submitted as a request
In all honesty, i donā€™t see it happening, but a TRC which only targeted the Locks on a trig could be very useful - but i fear it tips the balance of simple to explain and use UX a bit too far for most - not for me, but i sense itā€™d be a bit too convoluted
TRCs on trigless locks is a very nice way to do something a bit related !

Add a fill trig next to your normal trig, move it all the way to the left with microtiming. Done.

Well of course, unless you already have a fill trig there.

Well of course, unless you already have a fill trig there.[/quote]
or the other side of the trig, and moving it to the right.
but yea, sometimes youā€™re lucky enough to have a blank trig next to the trig in question, and sometimes you arenā€™t.

use a spare track with a sample for the new data and use ā€œmute upon fillā€ trig condition on the original trakc?

a good idea for lesser tracks is to do just this (i.e. on 3 7 9 11)
if you have a trig directly under the one you want to flip locks on, it wonā€™t ordinarily play anywayā€¦ (i.e. Trig5 Track11 under Trig5 Track12) so if the hidden trig is a copy (with different locks) of the upper trig (set to FILL) then it will seem to Fill will a new lock on the same step - it may interrupt other things on certain tracks and wonā€™t work if the tracks are different lengths

at around 2:00, itā€™s a very very nice section man. Love it.

can someone kindly post me real examples of fills done in the rytm? using the new prob-locks or whatever you use for it

now after using the new modulus conditions for a while, I must admit that Iā€™m not using the fills at all. Maybe elektron needs to rethink which button(s) activates the fill? To see what I mean, try using instant fills while getting busy in the mute mode at the same time :thinking:

But I am getting alot of love from the x:x conditions, they are beautiful!

The new trig condition feature is nice, although Iā€™m not 100% sure I am going to use the advanced condition types (x:y and probability) a lot (for clarification: Iā€™ll definitely use FILL and !FILL)

Sequencer features like that are great for creating happy accidents but I prefer recording the output of such a sequencer so I can edit it manually afterwards (not sth you can do with the AR).

Hereā€™s how I like to do fill-ins:

A nice trick on the AR is to use the performance controllers as additional scenes.

In case you did not know: Hold down a performance controller, and while doing that, select e.g. the mute page, then release the pad.

The performance controller is not reset and stays like this permanently until you touch the pad again after you go back to the PERF page.
This alone is quite awesome (I think this was introduced with a firmware update, the original AR could not do this, IIRC)

You can then use this to have up to 12 different fill variations per pattern, that can also be combined (!):

[ol]
[li]Set the triggers for the regular notes[/li]
[li]Set the triggers for the fill notes and plock the volume to 0[/li]
[li]Use a performance controller to pull up the volume of the fill notes to the normal volume (e.g. 100)[/li]
[/ol]
Combine this with aforementioned performance controller ā€œlockā€ and there you have it!

Much more flexible than the new ā€œFILLā€ condition type. Does not replace the other condition types, of course.

(note by: It would be incredibly useful if multiple ā€œscenesā€ could be active at the same timeā€¦!)