F i l l s!

I found it a bit unlogical to have to activate the fill before the end of the previous pattern.
When I’m playing music, I often need things to happen while I feel it, or a few seconds after : not a whole pattern after.
If you have a pattern of 4 pages and you prepared a fill on the 4th page, it’s usually around the 3rd page that you feel the need to activate your fill, no ?
For me it’s killing it.

This is why I like to keep my patterns lenght limited to 1 page only. And for 1 page only patterns, the new x:y trig conditions are helping big time!

Just hold down the page button whenever grid mode is off. Holding = punching into the fill conditions. Releasing = punching out of the fill conditions. Great for live situations. You do need a hand free to do it, though!

Just hold down the page button whenever grid mode is off. Holding = punching into the fill conditions. Releasing = punching out of the fill conditions. Great for live situations. You do need a hand free to do it, though![/quote]
I seem to be experiencing some sort of lag doing this, at least if compared to muting/unmuting tracks in mute mode. How’s your experience? no lag?

Just hold down the page button whenever grid mode is off. Holding = punching into the fill conditions. Releasing = punching out of the fill conditions. Great for live situations. You do need a hand free to do it, though![/quote]
I seem to be experiencing some sort of lag doing this, at least if compared to muting/unmuting tracks in mute mode. How’s your experience? no lag?[/quote]
Not that I’ve noticed, but I have been activating it a couple of trigs before I have any fill trigs, so I don’t know exactly how responsive it is.

i love the possibility to have trig conditions. This helps me to make 8 x 16, of sometimes 16x16 long beats long beats,
but the fill possibility is still not really good for me. Why not? because many trigs in my sequence, already have another trig condition, and they can ‘only’ have one condition…

So my old solution…record all sounds in ableton, make it a drum kit, make new cool fill rytms in ableton, render them, export them to my rytm… en then use the ‘Scene’ mode to turn off amp volume of some sounds, and turn up amp volume of the fill sample (the one that was made in ableton, and uploaded to my rytm.

This works, but takes a lot of time… Anyone an idea how I can better deal with this? I feel I am doing something that sounds nice, but is not good for my workflow…

I agree in part because the fill possibility is not so useful for me either. I will find a way to use it, but for now I seem to prefer playing variations live, the conditional % option, and p-locks.

If there’s a way to make a fill overwrite the pattern that it’s associated with I would like to know. It would be cool to have the ability to program a selection of fills to accompany a pattern and the means to trigger those fills.