Fascinating inside scoop on being a full-time Synth YouTuber

My advice to anyone who hates synth YouTubers - don’t watch them.

My advice to anyone who doesn’t like this thread - don’t read it.

13 Likes

The premise of this thread is precisely negativity. Check out the video in the first comment – it’s a world class tantrum! One might even say he’s a “salty MFer” :wink:

I saw a video by this guy and I thought it was great. Positive attitude, full transparency. No ego or drama thrown in at all.

The RMR linked video on the other hand is getting ridiculous. imo. He makes some good points but they are delivered from a serious place of privilege. These synthtubers publicly whining to each other about their rough life using 15k worth of cameras to film their walls of synth gear while pushing their patreon and 1:1 lessons really does not resonate with me. Quitting a full time job to do YT fulltime, imo is a high risk move. I am not surprised to see a guy like BoBeats say he may return to work down the road.

I find a lot of these creators to be quite good, and don’t really mind that they get free gear at all. That’s a non-issue for me. Even though the YT algorithm shoves this content in my face, I typically use youtube mainly for music blogs or instructional stuff. I think it is great for that, incredible to be honest.

6 Likes

I don’t understand how there’s such blind adoration either and treating disagreeing with their thesis “I should be paid more” as being salty.

They are in the business of pushing gear and driving sales on behalf of the companies they get gear from.

You should always be skeptical of people who’s best interest is selling you something.

2 Likes

RMR, at least, (from what Ive read…I dont watch YouTubers aside from Loopop and DivKid sometimes) has made a number of erroneous statements on gear, mischaracterized a forum full of his target audience, released a demo video before the curtain date, silently deleted traces of him claiming his colleague got fired, and, after all that, slagged companies for not sending him gear. Bro needs a good heaping of self-awareness.

11 Likes

Man, it seems to me that this forum is sinking more and more into a bottomless collective delirium.

Why don’t we start a thread : “Giving up Elektronauts for 40 days ?” ?

1 Like

It doesn’t seem like that to me, and I am not expending any of my ever dwindling repository of sympathy on this man.

1 Like

It’s rare that we agree, so when we do, it must be FACTS.

1 Like

Or, now hear me out, we listened to each others music and shared techniques and tricks on the machines we own.

‘You may say I’m a dreamer,
But I’m not’

3 Likes

I just keep hitting and turning stuff til it sounds alright.

6 Likes

Techniques and tricks and hitting and turning.

1 Like

6 Likes

giphy-13

5 Likes

paid ad content for fintube to follow! make sure to check out our sponsors bread and whingeing!

1 Like

Mac vs PC!

Most accurate description in this thread yet.

You first.

3 Likes

I’m quite the necromancer, it seems :skull:

3 Likes

I have a similar issue, but my condition has a different suffix

1 Like

Let’s be honest: The one and only “synthfluencer” legend is, and will always be, Jexus.

Noone ever put so much dedication and love into his videos, his synth reviews were without talking and some of them were musical masterpieces. And he did it all just for the love of the synths and his followers.

No corporate bullshit, just his own vision.

9 Likes