Favourite Gear for Cafe?

I am what I am

2 Likes

Is this cafe-able ? Hmmm …

3 Likes

Not sure I would feel comfortable with a 1100 euros groovebox at a Cafe but that is a cool set up…

2 Likes

Also … at that point the size makes it become much more of a ‘look at me - I’m doing something out of the ordinary’ type device - versus (say) model:cycles which is no more imposing than a laptop.

1 Like

it’s definitely “couch friendly” (that’s how i use it) :sweat_smile:

but i’d deem it very “cafe-able” since this particular powerbank lasts veeeeery long (i was never able to make it run out of juice so can’t give exact numbers, but i got it down to ~73% after a 2.5-3 hours long session) and it’s very sturdy, so can bear the weight and act as a very inergonomic stand/riser :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

btw slightly related, i think what’s “cafe-able” all depends on the person :smiley: a friend of mine sent this photo to me, this was taken at our local Pret :upside_down_face:

perhaps a tad bit too much space occupied for a cuppa :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I would definitely feel self-conscious with that lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

I mean when I was working more out of cafes, I observed plenty of people with laptops with tablets on them and phones stacked on the tablet.

I still should consider a M8 for plane travel, but I don’t need to buy anything at the moment.

I think the bigger (ha ha) thing I’d worry about in a cafe would be the blinkenlights, I’d need to bring something I can turn down the brightness on.

1 Like

Dare I say, that this guy, is a butthole?

meanwhile his laptop is optimized for audio so he’s watching cat videos on his phone. free wifi is a dangerous thing.

7 Likes

I’ve done Rytm MK1, Rytm MK2, Syntakt, and Maschine+

…but never at the same time hahah

I’d say Syntakt or Rytm MK1 are both ideal cafe pals…though I’d prefer a woman in a linen gingham sundress and boater hat :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Wow, the ads for this kind of experience suggest a more fluid and frictionless experience than … having 3 charger banks rubber-banded together.

It’s the rubber band around the power banks that is my favorite detail, like the solution to a persistent, everyday kind of a problem.

4 Likes

Meanwhile… I went to a Starbucks last week and this college age person who obviously put some effort in how they dressed sat at a table flossing their teeth…

2 Likes

Yea, I suspect that a little more is necessary beyond this cute little picture for a working cafe setup.

1 Like

Every time I take my gear to a cafe and look at the jumble of cables in my bag I usually give up and just read about synthesizers.

7 Likes

I take my M8. I use it on my lunch break. Nobody ever notices it. It just looks something like a gameboy. I used to take my OP-1. Now, that does get unwanted attention.

3 Likes

Depends on how busy it is really! I try to not to take up space myself but can think of all sorts of reasons why it’s not rude to stand out when space isn’t a premium and others can mind their own business :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

5 Likes

A couple of times I’ve had non-nerds ask me what I was doing, and they then responded with interest when I told them. Only once did anyone recognise just what I was doing, and no nerdy conversation followed.

1 Like

The Southern states have far more crime than the usual boogeymen. Without making this thread too political you might be able to draw conclusions about who spreads the kind of misinformation that paints places like NY as crime-ridden. It has less than half as much violent crime per capita as, say Tennessee :stuck_out_tongue: Just avoid DC at all costs…

What’s all this talk of powerbanks anyways, don’t most cafes have plug sockets?

1 Like