FM-ish examples

Cooool!! Any chance you could share the recipe of the sounds or the sysex?!

Raaaaaa! Seriously, this update places Elektron in my top position for hardware manufacturer by a mile.

I was about to shell out for an FM synth, and this one new feature alone has completely changed how I look at my A4 and saved me a hell of a lot of cash.

I understand that the other boxes might not have had so much attention but really, to be coming out with updates of this magnitude so far from release date is absolutely fantastic. Iā€™m so happy I shelled out the money for this thing, been worth itā€™s weight in gold to me.

MAN the bass possibilities are endless now, and the FM-style drums you can summon are monstrously hard. I think Iā€™m in love all over again!

I did an FM pad for this tune:

https://soundcloud.com/sternenlicht/painkiller

The pad is around ~ 4 min, it played as transition FX , the pad before was Omnsiphere sample i created. Some of the noises /melody is from the circuit. (Where i created customer patches.)

I just got the upgrade last night.

Holy crap guys this new OS is so amazing! I only spent an hour with it last night, and got this ethereal, spiraling, shapeshifting arpeggiated sequence going on. I love the new X-mod feature, and I love that you can make really brash aggro sounding Genesis (Mega Drive for all of you over there) basses with the FM.

Hats of to you Elektron!

Got lost in the possibilitys of this update last night. The hours just flew by.
Enjoying this update massively.

I canā€™t seem to get anything cool soundingā€¦ I end up getting only sounds that sound like distortion or vibratoā€¦

Got any tips?

Assign the LFO to all sorts of different parameters while adjusting depth. Itā€™s pretty straight forward, and the fun part is experimenting. I have a hard time understanding why people are having such difficulty.

What have you been trying so far dude?

Assigning LFOs to FMod, PAN, VOL and filter frequencies.
I watched cuckooā€™s tutorial till 18:30 or so, havenā€™t come round to watching the rest yet.

I guess Iā€™m frustrated cus I hear great sounds like in Simonā€™s demo but I donā€™t remember hitting any spots I like so farā€¦

Speed should always be 32. 16 and 63 donā€™t really work as well. That will make sure the sound is in tune. Use a triangle wave, take off osc drift, and try even syncing them.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips guys, really!

Iā€™ve been doing most of these suggestions as Iā€™d picked em up here before. I guess the only thing I havenā€™t applied enough yet is trying out loads of modulations and having fun with it.
Maybe Iā€™ll leave the it for now and wait for some FM patches to appear like in a sound pack or so and then reverse engineer those. For now, I think Iā€™ll focus on the many other aspects of the A4 I can still explore so much more. Canā€™t handle the delayed gratification of the new LFO mode atm :wink:

man, the point is that most of the time it sounds shitty ā€¦ but after 30 minutes of tweaking or so you come to a point which is called sweetspot. You donĀ“t know what you have done exactly ā€¦ but it sounds incredible phaaat and you feel like Indiana Jones :slight_smile:

Mini FM Soundpack ?
Canā€™t wait to try the sysex !

Thx Elektron !!! (thx Simon I guess :wink: )

Haha, youā€™re welcome! FLCL, yees. :kiss:
(Sounds are all by me, yep!)

1 Like

Thank you very much Simon. Really appreciate it.

Adrian

Thanks Simon for the video and the FM Pack !

Thanks! A modification of one of the sounds is now in a tune Iā€™m currently working on! DOPE!

Great sounds!

Surprised they werenā€™t tagged, though.

Thanks Simon ! i really like these sounds, and am also working on a new tune lol!