FromSoftware Games Thread

To be honest, Bloodborne, Dark Souls and Demon’s Souls had ways to make it easier, multiplayer is one of them, grinding is another.

I have a personal rule about multiplayer in these games, if I get someone’s help to kill a boss, then I need to offer my support in mp until I’ve helped someone else. This help can range from distracting the boss to healing the host or just applying what I learned while being helped.

It’s a hard world, so be nice!

6 Likes

Having the respawn points closer to bosses is a welcome change as well!

1 Like

OH…this IS good news. so no more full level/quest reeplay to get to the boss?

1 Like

There is a driver update for ATI cards, it shows “support for eldenring” i hope it fixes the stuttering.

1 Like

Nope! At least so far…

1 Like

you guys are great sales men…people

1 Like

After the first tutorial boss, i was somewhat disappointed, because it was so easy - now the golden rider (tree guard ) is totally stomping me. I dont know if i should attempt him now, or later when there are some weapon upgrades.

1 Like

It might depend on your class but I skipped him and came back like 4 hours later and he was still a challenging fight that took multiple tries. I am sure some people were able to take him on right away though.

yeah I am on Nvidia and Intel so maybe it is currently a bit better optimized for that?

Big Souls game fan as well and have enjoyed Sekiro quite a bit as well.

1 Like

I saw some people get better results with nvdia driver update.

1 Like

Mine was stuttering a little bit, and then I realized that I hadn’t updated my drivers in about six months, because I was only playing indies on my Switch. :smiley: After updating, mine stays synced and smooth. There is one visual issue that I’m looking into. My screen gets a small tear around mid-screen for about 1.5-3 seconds every so often, but isn’t tearing constantly like if sync was off. I haven’t found the cause yet. Actually, now that I’m typing this, I think I have. I had this PC on a Freesync monitor, but moved it to the living room to play this on the TV. The TV doesn’t support Freesync, so I’ll probably need to go in and disable that. Hopefully that does the trick. If so, the game should be smooth as silk.

One thing. I have all the graphics options maxed, except I turned down AA/AO a bit, and also turned down the blurring options because I don’t like them anyway. That may have freed up a bit of peformance.

I’m running on a 3060.

Lost in all the outrage out there I’ve seen some tips that other people then confirm work. They are few and far between though considering those people are probably playing :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did notice a while ago that my two most liked post are about dark souls, so I’m not completely surprised by this thread, yet to see this level of enthusiasm for these games on here, brings such joy to my heart :blush:

Haven’t played anything in while but gonna boot the pc version in a little bit. (After I fix my controllers sticky left trigger, we can’t have that shit going on :joy:)

1 Like

I’m excited to sit down with Elden Ring once I finish work today! I haven’t had a good track record with Souls games…bounced off Demons souls during the PS3 era. Still haven’t beat Dark Souls…or Dark Souls Remastered…Died 50 times in a row to Genchiro in Sekiro…

But for some reason I keep buying these damn games! Maybe this will be the one I finally beat :joy:

2 Likes

Recommended GPU 6900 XT - i mean 1600 € for a GFX card, that is … really fucked up. A PS5 sounds cheap now.

Where did you get those specs from? :thinking:

Recommend Gpu:

• Graphics – Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070, 8GB or AMD Radeon RX Vega 56, 8GB

I mean I bought a souped-up rx580 8gb for €160 a couple of years ago, which is in the same kind of ballpark

2 Likes

I’m on an RX 480 4GB and getting a solid 60fps at low settings. I’m fine with it. A little stuttering when entering new locations, but that’s it.

2 Likes

Ah, what the hell …

Here we go.

8 Likes

I got through DS3, but that’s it. I haven’t played the console-only titles, and couldn’t get into DS2 even though it seems like the one that I’d like the most. DS1 bounced RIGHT off of me :smiley:

So far though I like Elden Ring. It’s absolutely destroying me at the moment, but that’s because I don’t have the feel for it yet. It took me a few days to start grasping the concepts and combat styles in DS3. (took a couple of years of on/off playing to finish too)

I actually prefer 2D games for my difficult/challenging stuff. Hyper Light Drifter, Hollow Knight, that sort of thing. For 3D games, I’m more into Doom/Quake sorts of things. (or Mario/Zelda)

2 Likes

Lucky, I “had” to buy a ridiculously marked up 3060 to “get me by”. :smiley: I actually had a 2070 Super that I got when cards were still normal prices. Then I thought, might as well sell this now since I’m not playing PC games as much at the moment, (right before things went stupid). Then I decided I wanted to play PC games again shortly after, and was absolutely screwed. The 3060 is not nearly as fast as the 2070 Super was, but it’s really not a bad card. I just wish I didn’t have to pay 2.5x for it at the time.

1 Like