FromSoftware Games Thread

The pc version is not great apparently ( stuttering , bad controls etc) looks like a bad port from what I can see on different forums. I’m gonna wait for a few patch.

I’m having a grand time on PC. I think it comes down to one’s tolerance for these things. I haven’t heard of anyone refunding it, though, including the people reporting the problems. It’s not a Cyberpunk situation.

Seems the stuttering happens on newly loaded areas (disappears over time) and it’s similar to a lot of games using dx12. Shading or something.

Well on steam there is a lot of unhappy peoples (mixed reviews), I’ve seen the same thing on Reddit about unresponsive control , bad performance, crash etc. I’m just going to wait a little more to see what’s happen. If there is something I hate about game is bad port.

I’ve heard the ps5 version is great thought

1 Like

The faith incantations just looked too cool to me. Im going dex/faith with confessor!

My girlfriend showed me reviews of this game the other day. And now want me to buy it. :slight_smile:

Is it very important to set up the character from the start? Could you be at a big disadvantage if you choose wrong? Never played any of the “Souls” games.

Tough one to answer. Continuing the Elektron theme from others earlier, it’s like when folk say one of the boxes is hard to learn but if you come to as your 2nd or 3rd Elektron you can sit and wonder what they’re on about as it’s easy.

From my experience, I tried DS a load of times and couldn’t get into it. Same with Bloodborne. When I finally did sit down determined to get into DS I read online and was convinced that Pyro was the most forgiving class to start with. And from there I progressed to beating the game. So to get into these games I think it kind of was important to me. But for Elden Ring, I think I’m going to go wretch and cut about semi naked and with a stick to start with not for the challenge - more for the blank canvas of it!

I would say pick whatever one you find interesting and closest to a play style you think you’ll like - ie. Spells and magic vs swords and shields. You’ll get battered whatever you pick so better go with something you can enjoy and invest in a little in my opinion.

I can confirm that the PS5 version runs great. HDR was off by default, which I need to look up why they did that.

1 Like

Ahh, so different classes has different “max” levels of different properties? What does “level” mean? I see the Wretch is level 1, but all other clases are different levels?

Your character will have stats that you can level up though the game. These stats let you carry more powerful weapons or armour or let you cast spells and stuff.

The starter classes have different mixes of these stats to suit their build style but to be honest it’s probably on really relevant for the early game. Though early game is still hours and hours worth of stuff.

Worth doing a little reading to familiarise yourself with the classes/stats but at the same time, going in completely blind would be fun too.

Wretch at level 1 just means he’s truly pathetic. But, I like the thought of how every bit of loot will shape how I play and look from the get go.

Ok. It just makes it a bit “harder” to start at level 1, but everyone can level up as you go along.

Will give this a go. Intensive games can be a good distraction sometimes. hehe

1 Like

Just got a ps5 to play gran turismo 7, but the more I see Elden ring, the more interested I am. Haven’t played a from software game since armoured core 4…

Me too, really cool games they were. The soundtracks of the first two games are fantastic and I frequently have them on rotation to this day.

Runs great on Series X so far. Man when the world opens up and the epic music plays…its just everything I wanted. Thank you From for this amazing game.

3 Likes

I started now on Steam, i have a ATI 5500X , normal FPS is 60 fps, but when some enemy shows up, i can see drops to 20 fps. Not sure what i should turn down to have constant 60 fps - settings are generally max quality at the moment. MH Rise did run perfectly on my machine. (also Darksouls 3 was fine.)

I did pick the confessor class, which i already like with its assasin step spell !

Yeah its running really well for me at medium settings and I’m on the min requirements… it started at high settings and I was getting pretty frequent stuttering. No crashing and I even screen shared it with a friend for about an hour and didn’t really see a noticable drop then either.

Started as a prophet which was more of a challenge than I expected (never was much for spears). Probably should have just done the naked class but I got over the hump and got some nice 2 hander hammers… even found a darksouls staple the brick hammer.

My copy still hasn’t shown up.
I should have bought a digital one…

2 Likes

It has been a while since I’ve been this excited about a new game, and I’m glad I had a couple months with Dark Souls 3 to hype me up for Elden Ring. My first hour was fantastic, and it’s all I’ve been able to think about as I slog through the workday. Only regret so far is not taking the day off.

3 Likes

You guys are killing me. I hate those games. They’re too fucking hard. And a few them, their anims leave much to be desired.
I liked Demon Souls but sucked at it.
But you guys are getting me super hyped.

But now I want that punishment Elden will give. It looks amazing, despite the okay anims. I just wanna finish one of these punishing games so I can say I finished it. And this one looks so good I want to go for.

I wonder if I’m a masochist. :confused:

2 Likes

To be perfectly honest I am more than happy being repeatedly pulverized by these insane monsters in this gorgeous world.

Sometimes there’s the bonus of beating a few.

5 Likes

It’s very cool - just been playing it !