FromSoftware Games Thread

And I’m assuming this is something that’s not the grease?

I think I’m missing a lot with this game…

Its an Ash of war.

1 Like

There’s also a faith incantation that will buff your weapon with lightning. You can’t use it with weapons that do faith damage though, so it’s a bit of a waste for my build.

1 Like

I’ve sold one knowing I’m not gonna go there with this character, I think there is an achievement for getting all the rare weapons though if you care about that. You are likely not far off from the place that let’s you fully respec if you feel like mixing it up are putting stats into things for now just to try out other gear. Not sure if it is just a one time respec though as I haven’t actually used it.

1 Like

Another late discovery for me as I heard rumours about sneaking around Stormveil. Eventually I explored the end of the broken bridge (with the finger reader), which I’d found ages ago - but at the time I was carrying a fair amount of runes and was 95% certain a dragon would appear as soon as I got ten feet from the edge. I’ve found quite a few bits and pieces I’d forgotten about for similar reasons recently, but this is a sure sign that I’m trying to avoid progressing further into the castle…

I feel a little dirty. I couldn’t resist taking advantage of the Mohg cheese. A lot of these things tend to get patched out and by the time I get there they’re long gone but not this time! 420k of runes was never so easy :joy:

I’ll proper fight him in NG+…

4 Likes

Okay…so…Elden Ring was too confusing for me

Reverted to Dark Souls 3…it was too hard

I had Dark Souls remastered on my switch- much more adaptable to start out with(more than I remembered). However, I just lost 2000 souls to some skeletons, after my lost batch got lost after a skeleton pushed me off a cliff.

I’m done with From Software games- I’m just gonna stick with walking simulators :grinning:

1 Like

Goat Simulator?
fun game…

1 Like

I ended up getting him 1 hit after 4hours of attempts and then just promptly summoned some helpers and we quickly slapped him down… I realized after that I was probably both under leveled and didn’t have a quest item to make the fight easier, I know with more time I could have done it but there is something very cathartic about bringing in some people to whomp him with me after many deaths.

Yeah know what you mean there. I had actually walked away from the fight realising I was underlevelled but came across the “cheese method” semi accidentally. I like looking up videos of folk successfully beating harder bosses just to get my head round it. And there was the ridiculous method of beating him without him moving or doing anything at all😂 could not resist!

Did the same…

1 Like

:horse::poop:

I’m trying the torrent/npc/gout route but tf can I do with those purple, one-shot meteors.

I’m not sure this what I would call “fun” tbh.

I started this fight this morning and yikes. Looked up the suggested level and I’m plenty beyond it, but it’s brutal.

I tried the same thing and got him down a little past half his health before dying 30+ minutes in. Maybe changing armor and talismans to heavy defense-oriented items will help, but I think I might hold off a bit before attempting that again.

1 Like

I finally beat him. Running away and summoning was my problem. Summoning and going full assault is what won in the end.
When your sidekicks start to struggle, run away and get ready to summon the next wave.
He’s not as strong as you think. Frost, bleed, any kind of build up, slap that on him.

3 Likes

Alright. I’ll try getting under him, hugging his legs.

Edit: FINALLY. I mixed a different wondrous to give a layer of protection which reduced any 2nd phase attack to get in and apply more rot breath. Cheese, maybe, but so is his bs.

Beat the first tree sentinel earlier, which was nice because he’s wiped me out on several earlier occasions. This time it was clearly in my grasp, so I kept going back and took him out on the fourth round - a classic FromSoft fight, because every failure pushed me a little further down the road to victory, and by the end I was fairly confident I could take him early on next game.

Masses of options for exploring now, but it seems pretty clear I’m supposed to take out Godrick at this point (actually much earlier, I’m sure), so I suppose I need to bite the bullet and get stuck in.

3 Likes

Hi guys, I just bought myself a PS5 and started with Elden Ring but I ran into a problem. On multiple occasions when I was killed by an enemy the PS5 disconnected itself from the TV (Samsung Frame) and switched to the TV program. Does anybody know how this issue could be solved?

1 Like

have you tried not dying? :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

I beat Renalla last night after just a few tries and was feeling pretty good. Then I went to Caria Manor and was utterly destroyed by a bunch of giant severed hands. Truly, the stuff of nightmares. Now I’m trying to decide if I go to the capital (since technically I’m allowed) or if I try to take down another shard bearer first.

I’m playing on an Xbox One X (previous gen, but the higher end model) and it’s doing pretty well except in certain sequences. I was getting some jitter/lag in the first stage of the Renalla boss fight. I’m hoping this doesn’t get worse as the game progresses. I’ve been thinking of upgrading to a Series X but I’m don’t want to lose my save data. It should be able to transfer right?

1 Like

Caelid is recommended before the capital. And then if you kill the big boy in Caelid you can do Ranni’s side quest and by the time you get to leyndell you’ll be ridiculously OP. Also Altus should happen before the capital.

3 Likes