FromSoftware Games Thread

You will need to complete this to start Ranni’s quest, and a reason to take on Radahn. It’s a great storyline, so recommended. Just run away from the hands; those things are not worth the stress. There is an entrance to the Manor proper, northwest (iirc) of the entrance. Once you’re there you can rest easy from the hands.

I’m at level 72 and it’s been made very clear to me that I am not ready for the capital.

@horrrsing Are you sure it wasn’t you rage smashing your controller? :wink: There have been some patches for the PS5 since release. I don’t know how PS5 does with updates…

2 Likes

Ive been having a really hard time beating Rennala. I did actually kill her once, but i forgot to dodge the big moon, so i died as well. I think i struggle alot because she does what i usually do in battles. I just stay away and spam magic. And that doesnt work that well.

Its getting really annoying doing all the running from the Grace point and the first part of the battle. Ive tried like 30 times now.

Summon help. I summoned two people my first time fighting her and they absolutely wrecked. I returned the favor with my own summons of course lol

2 Likes

I forgot my playstation password, so ive been on my own. hehe. I´ll get some food now, and give it another go. I just need to plan for part 2, and summon the spirit ashes, and drink the potion so i dont die from the first blast she does. hehe

I used my wolf summons and a weapon that does bleed damage and it seemed super effective. The wolves keep her distracted and you can easily come in and do a bunch of damage before she can retaliate with magic.

I also used an incantation to boost magical defense, a magic defense talisman, and a few items of clothing that did the same thing (I don’t have enough Stamina to wear full anti-magic armor but even the gloves and boots seem to help).

Jump the hell out of the way of that first shot before you do anything.

2 Likes

Yeah. I’ve been using the moonveil katana. I finally got her now!! It was intense! I messed up a couple of times but managed to hang on for dear life. She was almost dead and I just needed that one last hit. But she went crazy with summons and spells. It’s been a long time since I’ve played anything this intense. Hehe

Following/Anyone know the answer to this? Thinking about picking up a Series X, but not sure if it will cloud sync my game from Series S . . . .

The Rennala fight has such an awesome atmosphere, that theme :drooling_face:

1 Like

Strange. I don‘t have that Problem. But Elden Ring is the first Game to trigger coil whine on my PS5. Never had that before. And lots of pop ins. So technically From Software seems not to be ahead of the game.

Let’s not talk about them, I’m level 95 and still struggle with them.

1 Like

That is my policy, if I summon help I need to help at least 2 more players.

Finally got around to taking down Radahn. Was level 96 by the time I got there :joy:

1 Like

I think I found the solution: There was some HDMI Link enabled in the settings of the PS5. Since I’ve disabled this option, it didn’t occur anymore.

1 Like

There’s enough respec consumables in the game to at least respec 14 times

1 Like

You would hope so, since it’s 2022, but from software does kinda have a bad track record in this regard. If I remember correctly saves weren’t even compatible between regular DS1 on Xbox360 (with or without the abyss dlc) and the prepare to die edition, which was exactly (100%) the same content as the base game + the abyss dlc, but then combined on the disc. I remember something like that blowing my mind back in the day.

That’s good to know. I might only be like half way through my first play through but I quite like the thought of a more leisurely NG+ and respeccing away from my staff/Moonveil combo into something else.

I’ll caveat this by saying that I may very well never want to play again by the time I finish it all mind you!

Just did that and I didn’t even touch him…

1 Like

I don’t want to respec, as I’ll just start another game for all that, but I would love some way to claw back the weapon upgrades, as I got a bit cocky with the level 3 stones and I’ve just found a few new potential contenders. It’s my own fault, I’ve played all the other games. Maybe I’ll find a way to add those to the shop along with the 1 and 2 stones.

In other news, I’ve beaten three more field / dungeon bosses since my last post, and opened up probably half a dozen more bonfies. The scale is amazing - I’m not sure how it compares in terms of square feet to games like Valhalla or RDR2, but it definitely feels more epic. BotW is still a contenfer there, but it’s close - and I can only imagine how much of ER’s map is still under wraps for me.

1 Like

There was a moment over the weekend where I genuinely thought “holy shit, this map is still growing”. It’s a great balance of size and content

1 Like