FromSoftware Games Thread

Some have encountered a glitch where he has kept collecting runes pretty much regardless of where you are on the map :joy:

1 Like

Just started going into the Leyndell Capital. Man some of those regular enemies there are tough! Im more afraid of meeting a couple of those knights with lightning swords than bosses. Dont think im underleveled either. But might need some more vigor. But the price of leveling up is almost 60k so farming is a bit of a drag.

2 Likes

Im in about the same situation, Im starting to think I should tackle volcano manor before I come back to the capitol?? :thinking: Ive got all of the plateau explored between the 2 areas already

I would do that for sure. Leyndell is a real deep area and it really helps to have a hard hitting build in it.

2 Likes

As soon as I started running from the lightning knights it went pretty well. I took the main bosses on first and second try. But there are parts I havenā€™t explored yet, but Iā€™ll do that when Iā€™m over leveled. Hehe

1 Like

Yeah the sewers are where the action is.

Just got the Black Knife Tiche summon. That summon is like I would like to play if had the skills, killed Radagon pretty much by itselfā€¦

2 Likes

Tool out Rykard last night. Tried it with a mate and we were destroyed. Then I summoned a guy called Andy who annihilated him while me and my mate were just like ā€˜WOW!ā€™.

Classic FromSoft moment. Thanks Andy, wherever you are.

Also I got the Mimic Tear a couple of nights ago, powered it up to +8. Itā€™s an absolute beast.

3 Likes

@Claid You know about the sword right? :thinking: because that basically trivialize him.

2 Likes

Haha yes, we got the sword/spear/halberd thing from Rykardā€™s boss room. Itā€™s basically the old Demonā€™s Souls Storm King/Dark Souls 3 Yhorm the Giant Storm Ruler gimmick battle all over again. Only when we first attempted Rykard, his second phase threw an absurd amount of ordnance my way in the form of angry burning skulls, the barrage of which was so intense that I couldnā€™t even dodge away to heal! The second time round with brave Sir Andy went much better, Rykard didnā€™t get the chance to spit out the skulls.

Especially if you have the sword AND the mimicā€¦

Malenia, Blade of Miquella. this is my nemesis. trying really hard to not cheese it. but damn, this is like none of the other boss fights.

1 Like

Yeah exactly :slight_smile: surprised to hear that since spamming that spears L2 basically stun-locked rykard on my attempt. Donā€™t think I took a single hit of damage :joy: tried him without that weapon a couple times and that second phase is brutal though, so I can see what youā€™re saying if the stun lock didnā€™t happen for you.

@Automageddon donā€™t really use the mimic when Iā€™m using ashes. Really enjoy watching the 5 little guys with those towershields though.

Itā€™s also fun to see how Iā€™m having such a different experience with what bosses are difficult for me. Everyone around me complaining about margit or godskin duo, yet for me Margit easy, Godrick less so. I Killed the godskin duo on my first try like it was nothing. People say Maliketh is easier, yet I just died for the 5th time or so and I never live much longer than I couple seconds after the start of phase 2 :man_shrugging: :joy:

Yeah it almost feel like a boss from sekiro but then you donā€™t have all the tools from sekiro to deal with her. I caved and summoned mimic and just stun locked her to deathā€¦ the fight just wasnā€™t fun imo. Honestly as much as I have loved elden ring I feel like the whole end of game balance is off and not very fun. Feels like they didnā€™t know what to do after putting in all this broken stuff for the players so they made some really cheap bosses that arenā€™t very fun to learn to beat the old way, so instead you beat with with the OP stuff which is also not very fun.

I think we are not meant to beat her on first playthrough, Find this super OP boss on first journey and then get ready for her on journey 2.
I could respec into some cheese build and win, but that doesnā€™t feel right to me. I made it to end with my build, Iā€™m not going to respec for this one boss. feels like cheating.

Yeah I kind of purposely went with STR/FTH knowing it wasnā€™t optimal and only respeced to add more vit to my build at one point and take back some points from str/fth. I guess it all comes down to what people think is cheese. Mimic summon is definitely part of the game and it was nerfed once but it also makes some bosses go from hardest in the game to a couple tries at most (I never tried it prenerf but I can only imagine). I feel like it is my old souls game brain that says mimic is cheese, but it is clearly a part of the game and it is meant to be used. It could be partly my fault in they way I played most of the game not using any summons so in some ways I ended up a little over leveled to deal with some of the harder bosses and now when I bring in the mimic it is really overkill.

1 Like

I think the problem was me and my mate werenā€™t using the L2, just the R2 and R1. That Andy guy was clearly using the L2 though as Rykard didnā€™t get a chance to do anything!

It is really cool that people experience the game so differently. I had a hell of a time with Margit as I was underlevelled but I took out Godrick first time. :stuck_out_tongue:

Trying to remember what I did last night, but the absurd amount of content makes it difficult - but in a good way, not like the eventually generic expanse of an Ubisoft open world. Ah, of course - I unlocked Volcano Manor. I was going to attempt the Magma Wyrm boss, but had read there was a summon I could take along, which led to me doing the whole necklace sequence - Iā€™d somehow missed every element of that while exploring the lake. Never got round to the Wyrm, but I did explore the Manor area quite a bit and was very pleased to acquire some new claws - finally a new weapon that might fit my build.

I also noted just before shutting down that the giant rat summon is basically a freebie - no FP or HP cost - so Iā€™ll be exploring that tonight. Kaiden Merc is still my go-to, but several times Iā€™ve suffered in a boss fight because heā€™s drained all my FP, and I realise too late I need to top up in order to use my ashes of war. Which triggers a classic d-pad fumble as I try to keep rolling and blocking.

I got to Volcano Manor the other night as well, but as I discovered later, it was the ā€œotherā€ way there. I was wandering around the Academy, and came across it. I then went looking online to see what happened, and sure enough itā€™s a special route, and commonly used to pick up a few good items. :smiley:

I then looked up the normal way to get there, which I had been up that way before, but never went all the way there. Only most of the way.

It felt like I needed a couple more levels before I went through it properly, so I found a way out for the moment, and went back down to Altus.

1 Like

Is that the ladder over the bridge and past the field of Iron Virgins (and an invader)? I got up there the day before, but failed to spot any ladder (only learned about it later), so assumed it was either a dead end or could only be crossed coming the other way. In my defence my nerves were a bit shot by that point.