FromSoftware Games Thread

Still plugging away at ER here, though I’ve slowed down as the map has filled out. I’ve got the Fire Giant ready and waiting but have also just made my way down to the room where you can approach the fingers. But aside from all that, I’m still finding lots of unexplored areas in earlier parts of the map. There are also a lot of dragons I haven’t bothered with because I’m not using faith and the hearts therefore seem a little pointless.

My most recent struggle was with the red wolf guarding the three gazebos in the plateau area of Liurnia. That took a lot of work and the only real reward was a sense of satisfaction, which I accepted. The final Volcano Manor contract had me roadblocked for a while too, until I grasped the very effective solution. So I suppose I also need to add returning to the Manor to my to-do list.

I’m still enjoying it, but it does occaionally feel like I’ve been playing it forever. I don’t feel an urge to play anything different, though - it’s the idea of a new save with a different playing style that’s starting to call to me. But I know that if I do that now I’ll end up with a dozen save files and none of them completed.

Keep your clothes on…

2 Likes

I just started a new playthrough the other day. Not NG+, but just a new build. I’m running all strength this time duel wielding great words, had a dex, faith, arcane build last time so this is super different and fun. I’m absolutely melting my way through this time, from a mix of just knowing what to do, and knowing where I’m gonna invest my points. I know I wont get the platinum trophy this way, but I should be able to do all the NPC quests I wasn’t able to do last time and rock another of the endings, and that’s good enough for me.

Meanwhile in Blaidd fandom…

2 Likes

:joy: that is incredible

Thanks! This is probably it. I had a few beers in me last night which also wasn’t the best formula. I generally love open world action rpg games (skyrm, botw, witcher 3, fallout, etc) but this one definitely has it’s own thing to it (which is good)

In re reading my initial comment above, it feels like reading a reaction from a new octatrack user (that doesn’t want to give it time). I will self edit a bit more in the future!

2 Likes

“……SHU-RA!!!”

:joy::joy::joy:

The best!

1 Like

I have become a complete Dark Souls junkie.

NG+ Int/Dex build in Elden Ring going well (was Dex/Arc/Faith first time around)

All Souls games were on super sale on the PS Store, so I got all 3, including all expansions for DS2 and 3, for $51.

DS Remastered is proving to be oddly compelling.

My Horizon Zero Dawn play-through is languishing (which I feel sort of bad about as it is one of my husband’s favorite games! :see_no_evil:).

Elden Ring has basically ruined games for me (barring most games I would play on Switch :heart:).

I love it.

5 Likes

Working my way down the Haligtree, such a cool area, though not easy. Just can’t believe the scale of this game, it’s massive. I have a pretty average build, using a Naginata Cross Spear (frost), hopefully good enough to get me through Malenia

1 Like

This sounds like something I could have written.

2 Likes

We don’t use the M word.

1 Like

Finally made it down to her, had about 10 attempts, calmy turned off the ps5 and walked away

3 Likes

:joy: been there! Oddly I was able to hold myself together like this much more easily with Sekiro but hit some incredible rage quits with Elden Ring at times. Some truly embarrassing behaviour not seen from me since I destroyed about 4 computer mice losing SCottish Cup Finals with Champ Man 97/98

1 Like

Can we ask how this happened?
In the comic strip running through my mind at the moment, you lose, slam the first mouse repeatedly until broken, then calmly open a drawer, connect the next one, smash it to smithereens, turn around, unbox a brand new one, rinse and repeat until calm…

2 Likes

:joy: It didn’t happen in one sitting. It was over a few months of rage slamming the mouse into my desk. The usual breakage was with the mechanism around the rollerball bit. None of this optical mouse stuff when I wur a lad.

I also head butted a Gameboy once when I lost the final match of Top Ranking Tennis. Cracked/smashed the screen and was absolutely gutted about it as loved that thing.

On reflection, none of this nonsense helped with making me calm at all. And as you can see I definitely have a gaming rage problem. It’s probably the biggest reason I don’t play and PVP online as can’t handle it

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but my version was much funnier.

I think I’m your opposite, I never broke a controller, I only remember once slamming the controller against the sofa when losing to the Gaping Dragon.

On the other hand, I don’t do PvP because people.

1 Like

My partner insisted that I play Genshin, but we both dislike ever paying for loot boxes. The game is cleverly designed to reinforce just how much you need to buy the special characters and weapons to progress. Quite a few rage quits later, I switched to Tsushima, got platinum for the first time and then Elden. I’m simultaneously playing Dark Souls on the Switch and loving both.

I’ve stepped away from both Elden and Souls out of fatigue occasionally, but my rage levels haven’t come close to fucking Genshin. Strongly recommend Genshin for enhancing your calm.

3 Likes

Got the platinum trophy on Elden Ring a few weeks ago. Great fun but far too easy, I at least think collecting all rings and all spells should be a requirement. It’s kinda ‘tarnished’ my desire to go through NG+, though I am slowly making my way through. If only to get those boiled crabs that missed last time so I can have them for duels.

1 Like

You’re Scottish, aren’t you? :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Glasgow kissed that thing into oblivion :joy:

1 Like