Get ready…

What’s in 5 days?

I need this

1 Like

The reveal

Somehow I managed to miss/ignore the date!

1 Like

February the 26th is the 250th anniversary of Giuseppe Tartini’s (Maestro delle nazioni) death. He was an innovator in classical composition and much more things. Nice date selection!

1 Like

And here I thought it was in honor of Fernandel, the French actor. Hmmph.

2 Likes

Elektron’s take on Roland’s D-beam technology

This morning I was pretty much counting the days until Superbooth to temper my expectations of any news. Nice surprise!

1 Like

Probably!

Clearly has something to do with space harrier… welcome to the fantasy zone, Get ready…

I guess elektron is getting into making arcade cabinets.
8 Likes

I dont believe anything big is coming but you can hope if you want

1 Like

I hope they bring back cool t shirts and hoodies though

4 Likes

T shirt with a print of hector’s ponytail

1 Like

Great, now I’m gonna have to wait even longer for the battery handle…:roll_eyes:

Or am I…:thinking:

1 Like

I am totally ready for a Digitone with Analog Filters

1 Like

I also think most likely is either a model: or digi form factor of machinedrum/monomachine inspired (in the sense of having multiple choices for different digital “machines” per track) box. Seems like that might be more complex than a model form factor, and more suited to the digi form factor. This would be so sick.

Less likely IMO, but still sick would be (as other’s said) an update for digitakt that would add machines. Or a rytm update with more machines (doubt they’d hype that up so much).

And I base the likeliness of these things on reasons that are completely pulled from my ass. Love the hype train!

1 Like

The « Have you ever cancelled a pre-order? » thread is now a Prophecy.

2 Likes

“Machines” plural suggests Monomachine and Machinedrum, right? I mean, yes, it could mean lots of things, but “machine” for Elektron is most synonymous with these two boxes, isn’t it? I would hope these are expansions to the original idea (i.e. why mono in 2020, rather than a Polymachine?), but I also think it’s unlikely.

This announcement also suggests two different pieces of hardware. I’m bummed out, because I don’t like the Model:Samples at all in terms of feel/interface, and I imagine these will be in the Model line rather than one of their sturdier lines.

I suppose it could also be new machines for multiple of their existing lines (e.g. the OT or Rytm), but this seems less likely. They probably wouldn’t build people up without warning them that it’s a firmware update and not a new product.

So my guess is two new Model units, one that approximates the Machinedrum sound and workflow, and one that simulates the Monomachine sound and workflow. Model:Drums and Model:Mono? Here’s hoping it’s in the Digi line instead at, DigiDrum and DigiMono, but the creature’s “teeth” look more like the Model line. Or, best of all, some full-sized boxes a la the Octatrack or Analog MkII units. Most likely to be Model:Drums and Model:Mono, though.

Saw this on reddit…

5 Likes

I’m quite confident ‘Machines’ refers to different synthesis engines a la MD/MM. the sounds in the teaser suggest this as well

1 Like