Get ready…

I feel like it’ll be a digital drum machine.

I agree, I think a digital drum machine is fitting a pretty decent sized gap in the current market.

3 Likes

Model:Mix

Or in swedish Model:Mihkst

1 Like

That seems logical, considering the Digistrike trademark.

I just looked the trademark up on the Swedish PRV database, and it said:

Synthesizers; Elektroniska synthesizers; Elektroniska trummor; Robottrummor; Trummor [musikinstrument]; Trummaskiner; Elektroniska musikinstrument; Mekaniska, elektriska och elektroniska musikinstrument; Datorstyrda musikinstrument; Elektroniska musikapparater och -instrument; Musikinstrument styrda av mikroprocessorer.

I don’t speak Swedish, but it seems that the “digital drum machine” theory is the most likely hypothesis based on that information.

1 Like

If it’s got strike in the name it would logically have big old pads, you know, for striking.

1 Like

Agreed. Six voice digital drum machine with pads, almost the same layout as samples, choose machines instead of samples, voila. Take my money :hugs:

12 Likes

everyone’s saying models: but can the current display really have enough real estate for synthesis?

digidrum might be more practical.

1 Like

agreed :wave::money_with_wings:

1 Like

I’m still calling it as “Digistrike” not “Digidrum” (most likely) because there is no “Digidrum” trademark registered.

Could be a good time to buy a used Rytm then lol
Man, I would consider offloading my Rytm for something like that :thinking:

7 Likes

I bet it’s not hardware at all but a bunch of wee plugins for manipulating the existing gear via Overbridge. Euclidean rythms, arps, etc.

2 Likes

Could be nice, with added features (sample layers for added dynamic analog feel) to trigger by CV and use as the Brain for an electronic kit? (+8 voice minimal)

1 Like

Anyone with an MD or MnM know if a ‘+’ sign like the teaser was used for one of the machines?

+Drive?

No no, as in a symbol on the interface to show a certain machine is being used

Listen carefully to the reverb in the last snippet. Does that sound like any Elektron reverb you’ve heard so far? Sounds more like a shimmer reverb to me… Not sure if that means anything.

Also, do you think Elektron would ever make a loop station type device?

2 Likes

Maybe, re the looper. OT’s pickup machines use ‘+’ when recording

Could it be a Model:Grooves or a Model:Beats ?

https://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/owners/918237

1 Like

Or Model:Drums. All of them work