Get ready…

before this beautiful topic gets derailed more, @arcanemirror maybe post your digitakt feature requests in the digi section

4 Likes

sounds like pocket operator

What would also be very impressive and completely blow my socks off, make me cry like an offended millennial and sell off one of my testicles in a heartbeat:

If Elektron would produce a DigiTracker™ or DigiTune™ - A chiptune sequencer/composer in the favorite DigiBox-format true to the oldskool C64/Amiga tracker style!!! (As it seems to me, the shared love for the Commodore and SID marked the birth of Elektron with baby Jesus SIDstation being somewhat the basis of elektron’s adopted sequencer approach ->The Trig stuff? and became the secret trademark of Elektrons stylishly superb minimal approach?)

• Finally SONG mode, yes, yes, yes (oh, please, do stop crying…)
  • 3-4 screens for the tracker lanes,
  • 3 ways to input (record) notes: midi/stepseq/usb KB + knobs/Trigs for micro editing and adding dynamics +FX and transposing notes/parts
  • 4 internal SYNTH engines: C64 SID, NES chip, MegaDrive Yamaha FM, Gameboy, etc… (DigiTone-style) + !!! CROSSBREEDING !!! - You can pick the desired ChipTune generator chip per track/lane
  • Sample playback is also optional like the Amiga (DigiTakt) or crunchy bitreduced SID FX
  • Added Speech sythesis engines (ZX, C64 etc)
  • 4 midi channels to drive external hardware (like the DigiTone/DigiTakt, as a point of reference)
  • In SONG/Playback mode you can trigger and ‘launch’ scenes and individual parts/tracks or CUE/SYNC them up instantly by assigning them to Trigs like recall presets
  • +++ many more features
6 Likes

The overlapping nature of the teasers is definitely making me think it’s some sort of master mixer/fx/sequencer/song mode box that pulls together all of your existing Elektron instruments. It’d make sense for it to be in the DT/DN format as those are the ones obviously lacking any kind of song mode.

No doubt I’ll be proved wrong though!

3 Likes

Oh I love Trapdoor!
Even had the game on c64!

16 Likes

What I just understood is why so many people want an elektron mixer, there are so many mixers in the market …

2 Likes

My guess is a effects unit same size as digi.built in sequencer so can p lock the effects

brand loyalty and for the clout the brand gives us…the more the investors put money in and expect return the more "aggressive " the marketing, the hungrier we get…

I won’t mind a mixer by elektron :slight_smile:

New teaser! It starts to sound very interesting…

May you be correct…a mixer is one of the missing links ( aside OB)

1 Like

Vid 3: Looks like a goggle-wearing snowboarding gingerbreadman in 80’s ‘startrekking’ hyperdrive?
Warping, crunching or (time)stretching???

1 Like

That was a great game! C64 was my first computer and it got me started doing coding which ultimately became my career!

2 Likes

2 Likes

similar to my favourite C64 game as a kid, Creatures 2… too

3 Likes

update octatrack software please !!!

3 Likes

Roland with the MX-1 has launched a new product on the market.
Go see what it is @Soham.
Elektron with its vision of ergonomic design, could lead to a project, more serious than Roland.

damn, i’m hoping that it’s new machines for rytm <3

4 Likes

Anyone else noticed the finger prints at the top of this? Reference to DNA? Hands on control? Just a design choice?

1 Like

It would be funny if all the information was band names. As in come see the new band “Something new” warming up for “free drinks & free fun”.

8 Likes

@Craig when was the last time you slept?

that would be wild tho if they did encrypt clues in flyers

9 Likes