Guilty (music) Pleasures

Literally the only thing Paul McCartney was involved with that I can listen to.
It helps that my kid loves it too.

you could take paul out of that song and it would still stand up

Do not dis Paul :sunglasses: Yo!

2 Likes

That’s probably why I like it.

Pre-black album Metallica warrants no guilt.

4 Likes

I need to finally check that out. I only know them Black Album and on

1 Like

What?!

Go and listen to Master of Puppets immediately!

2 Likes

Wait what , you should do that asap, kill ÂŽem all, ride the lightning , master of puppets and justice for all ( missing Cliff :cry: ) are the quasi standard of thrash metall (imho) .
Kind of crazy that you haven’t heard them yet, but I’m also quite jealous because I love all these albums and would like to discover how you can discover them now :metal:

a bit ot but have fun

they have never been better than here (although Cliff cannot be replaced) absolute peak.

1 Like

So true :metal:

In the small seaside town where I grew up you had to pick your side. You either liked Metallica or you liked Anthrax. My big brother chose Metallica and I chose team Anthrax. Still would. We became mortal enemies after that. I do have a couple of Metallica albums in my shelves, but in my mind they’ve got nothing that equals Among The Living.

2 Likes

Probably because I wasn’t impressed by anything from Black Album on forward :joy: Plus all the people wearing Master of Puppets shirts were standoffish and weird.

I’ll get on it.

1 Like

Metallica fans: Megadeth sucks
Megadeth fans: Metallica sucks
Slayer fans: SLAAAAAAAAYEEEEEERRRRR
Anthrax fans: i like this band

2 Likes

I just bought two for me and my wife :rofl:

2 Likes

this.

I actually discovered them somewhat recently and couldn’t believe I didn’t see Radiohead (specially their latest albums) compared to them more often
 and his voice is right down the same alley as Gibbons’ - painfully intimate and delicate.
Those Talk Talk albums are amazing, and also speak greatly of their artistic integrity - they did what they pleased, and even refused to tour them since they felt it didn’t make sense, iirc

1 Like

I love them all but Anthrax for me is number one for ever.

But I basically love most of late 80’s/early 90s thrash metal I can get my hands on. Voivod, Testament, Overkill, Annihilator, Nuclear Assault, Death Angel, Violence, Forbidden, DBC, Kreator anything else. Especially I love anything with an Edward J Repka painted cover.

1 Like

It’s funny what people see as cheesy though. Years ago, I was working in a children’s home and one of the kids was learning the guitar. He was a massive Metallica fan and learned all the solos but he wasn’t really very broad from a metal perspective so I gave him a few CD’s of stuff thinking he’d be into it. He absolutely hated Anthrax and he thought Pantera were cheesy as all shit.

How the fuck is this cheesy?

Also, my wife thinks it cheesy too, now I’m forcing her to listen to it while she’s trying to watch DIY SOS.

What the fuck is wrong with people?

2 Likes

+1 and he is still kicking it :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Love all the Jellybean Benitez, Nile Rodgers, Reggie Lucas, Shep Pettibone, etc. production on Madonna’s records. It was cutting edge club music at the time.

3 Likes

That’s just it. To me some of it still sounds fresh, and if I close my eyes I can see the cool kids dancing in a hot room on a Thursday night. She became another thing, though, inevitably.

1 Like

Yeah I love all the early Madonna albums, went to see her in feb on the Madame X tour

1 Like