Guilty (music) Pleasures

Nope, I agree! It’s the reason I can’t post Starchild here. That needs to be in the Uber cool thread!! But you did it! Bravo! Prob my fave 42 song

1 Like

I used to love this song

2 Likes

and this track …

1 Like

Do you know the original version by raff?https://youtu.be/1_TQjEn6cpQ

Probably my first relatively big one too.

Men At Work was my favorite band when I was in 8th grade.

1 Like

First pop song I ever learned to play on piano. Probably the last piano lesson I had from my uncles, who were my first piano teachers.

I’m a 70s/80s kid, so I have a huge arsenal of songs that should be guilty pleasures but I don’t feel guilty about them - not all of them.

1 Like

Black Box aka Daniele Davoli is a proper legend. He was a stalwart of the Italo House scene releasing what are now rightly regarded as classics under a host of different guises.

2 Likes

checking them out now…

fwiw, I don’t feel guilty at all about liking Blackbox’s tunes

1 Like

That Italian house sound of 89 to 92 was huge in the UK and still pulls crowds to revival nights. Especially in the north west. We love our gravy…and our pianos :slightly_smiling_face:

And scratching, and hip house raps and tunes and the Sub Bass/South London breakbeat sound

Like this

1 Like
1 Like

How the hell is Talk Talk here? There’s nothing remotely shameful about them or their music. One of the most remarkable bands in the history of western pop music.

6 Likes

Sorry about that.

I’d only just discovered that gem of a track, but i was getting stick for playing it. I admit i felt a bit embarrassed. I’m not usually one to give a f**k what anyone thinks, but for some reason i did on that occasion.

1 Like

My buddies at the time gave me so much S#!t for liking this tune. :rofl:

I’d say this crosses over almost into just plain Pleasures but there is some cringe here… fuckin love it though…

Normally I turn Spotify to private when I listen to Charli XCX…

1 Like

Since I guess now we’re posting legitimately incredible music that to some people comes off as kitschy, Ill go

3 Likes