Help me find this band

Delighted to see the commitment of the community to find a pop band from UK.

I feel like we have the same chances to look for a precise restaurant that serves curry in India.

If not a trio, i would have said Morcheeba.

1 Like

I’ve legit lost track of a friend called Kim in Korea if anyone wants another challenge

4 Likes

Hybrid

A duo (although there is a drummer sometimes) & only half British, but I’ll try my luck with still corners. It’s definitely not them but this is an excuse for this great song & fan video.

Young Marble Giants

Wot? Nah it’s Slayer

2 Likes

If this is a viral marketing campaign, I’m going to be very sad

4 Likes

yessssssssssss

2 Likes

Has anyone asked why? I know the feeling of trying to unearth some music that really hit you. What’s going on here? What was that magical moment, eh?

Shut up and name some vaguely related bands

12 Likes

2 blokes & 1 blonde.
Too young, too recent, probably.

2 Likes

Good point

The Cranberries

1 Like

Probably not this one, but worth a shot…

1 Like

I would not qualify them as poppish though :wink:

Well, compared to Slayer (see above) it’s definitely pop. :metal:t2:

1 Like

Quick update… I’ve listened to all the suggestions posted so far, and no 100% matches yet. Thanks for the serious ones, and the joke ones. Still hits me how much great music there is “out there” which I have not heard of.

I pinged the person who shared the band with me, so if they remember we’ll hopefully have a proper end to this mystery saga.

2 Likes

We’re going to be really fucked off when it turns out to be Leonard cohen.

11 Likes

I’m muting this thread, it’s too obsessive. I took a day off just to search and my final answer was Samantha Fox.

7 Likes

Fuck. He’s one of those auture musicians I just could never get my head around.

Him and Bob Dylan. I know they are great, just doesn’t resonate with me.

But I am a 45 year old bass head. If it ain’t DnB, I just have a hard time liking it.

1 Like

Ok, leaving out the UK, guitars and acoustic drums parts of the original clue, this just got me thinking of Royksopp with Robyn…

2 Likes