Hi, im ylva and im making a youtube album using mainly elektron boxes

Not kidding: I really love your gloves too. The idea is so cool and so simple. It reminds me of the animal collective my girls music video.

4 Likes

And now that Iā€™m actually listening this is really great work. How did you get those vocal samples?

2 Likes

@GirTheRobot thank you very much. the raw vocal samples originate from mid 90s rnb acapellas which i then granularly process either in ableton and/or directly in the OT.

4 Likes

ah, Iā€™ve seen your videos before, theyā€™re pretty good. Please keep them coming :slight_smile:

1 Like

elegantā€¦timeless feel from this track and emotionally involving ( the tone?)ā€¦would have and does fit in the mid - late. 90s booming days of electronic scenes of illbient etcā€¦

2 Likes

@ylva, your music is so awesome that my eyes turned off and I could no longer see the video. Only my ears worked. My usual inclination to dissect and study technique in videos with Elektron gear was summarily dismissed. All I wanted to do was listen. I think thatā€™s saying a lot. Youā€™ve got a great ear for mixing, tonal balance, and melody/harmony. These tracks are really a pleasure to listen to, esp with the sub turned on :sunglasses: Keep ā€˜em coming. Subscribed!

6 Likes

This stuff is very good.
Please carry on making more of it.

I really like what youā€™ve done with the vocal samples.

1 Like

wow, thats seriously very kind of you. humbled!

2 Likes

yeahā€¦just strapped myself into my subpac to listen to these full range.

you sir / madam appear to set the bar for your readiness extremely high.

exceptionally beautiful and moving work. just keep doing what youā€™re doingā€¦

1 Like

Quite a lovely golden thread of original talent and character showing through in all your pieces, great work!

3 Likes

thank you! may i ask, do you use ur subpac to produce music or just to listen to?

very very very good stuff

1 Like

Congratulations on the beautiful music, definitely Operating Thetan (OT) level!

2 Likes

Really good tracks indeed. Keep them coming

1 Like

I discovered your videos a couple of weeks ago on r/synthesizers and was pleasantly surprised by both the music and the visuals. So feel welcome here @ylva !!

1 Like

hi ylva, iā€™ve not had the subpac long and due to circumstance my gear has not been set up for some timeā€¦so most of my experience with it has been for entertainment listening. i rarely listen to electronic music in headphones now without itā€¦just feels like a fundamental dimension is missing from the experience for me unless I strap myself in. it also means you can set your listening level in the headphones much lower than usual , because the subpac is providing so much energy and depth.

however I have tested it here and there with my ipad and laptop sessions and itā€™s so easy to feel the interaction between the kick, the sub and other bass layers and set your filters , envelopes and compression accordingly. i will definitely be using it to help mix the low end in the future.

iā€™ve been testing it with my machinedrum recently too and, as Iā€™ve never played out with it on a full range system, am finally able to feel (literally) what a thumping deep low end it has. makes designing subby kicks, and sub bass so much easier not to mention the added involvement and excitement that the immersive quality of the bass brings.

Looking forward to the day when I can set my gear up properly again and have a proper jam with my boxes with no fear of upsetting those that might otherwise be in earshot.

Feel free to ask any other questions you might have.

3 Likes

thanks for the very detailed answer, i find it highly exotic :slight_smile:

I also use a subpac, for listening and production. Iā€™ve got the seated version though. Iā€™d second everything that zeropoint said. So immersive. And at this point I canā€™t live without it when doing any serious production - so good for really dialing in low end detail and punch, and eliminating clashing low end frequencies. The subpac often reveals when tracks have low end mix problems, but FYI, your tracks sound really nice on it. I immediately wondered about how you are monitoring your lows - they sound great!

4 Likes

i know its monday but i made a new one, this time dt + dtn + teensy (again to achieve some kind of macro performance mode).

17 Likes

ā€¦and another one with the dt + dtn + flamingos

9 Likes