How can I delete LFO Locks on a specific Trig?

I´m not able to delete LFO Locks on a specific Trig. For Example: If I lock the LFO Depth on
a specific Trig, I can´t delete it.
Do you have a Solution for this?

Hold the trig and press down on the LFO Depth encoder not working for you?

1 Like

Hello garf,

thank you. This doesn´t work. Try it: Record live some LFO Depth movements, then go in grid recording, and press it, nothing happened.

According to the manual, it works like this:

Removing a specific parameter lock on a trig in GRID RECORDING mode:

1. Press and hold the [TRIG] key that contains a parameter lock.
  2. Turn the PARAMETER knob corresponding to the parameter from which you want to remove the parameter lock.
  3. Press [PLAY] to clear the parameter lock. 4. Press and hold the [TRIG] key that contains a PUNCH or GATE parameter lock, and then press [PUNCH] or [GATE] to remove these parameter locks.
  4. Press and hold the [TRIG] key that contains a NOTE, VEL, or LEN parameter lock, to open the TRIG NOTE menu. Press [PLAY] to clear the parameter lock for these parameters.

Removing parameter locks for a specific parameter in LIVE RECORDING mode:

1. Press and hold [BACK], and then turn the knob related to the parameter you want to remove. Keep pressing [BACK] until the whole pattern has played.

Interesting…different to the simple ‘hold trig and press encoder’ procedure that we’re used to from other Elektrons.

2 Likes

Apologies - for some reason i thought i was in the DT forum :loopy:

2 Likes

Thank you but it doesn‘t work. Try it: Record some LFO Movements ( depth, speed) and try to delete these locks with one of these methods. It doesn‘t work.

Sorry, i mean multiplier, not speed. Speed is possible to remove.
Pressing the LFO Button to remove in Grid Rec doesn´t work.
Pressing Punch or Gate is no problem, it works.
I think the problem is, that pressing the LFO Button opens up a menu, so it doesn´t work.
Maybe a bug?

Hmm … I know I’ve done the grid recording version of the delete (steps 1-3 above) and the steps appear to be right to me … you’re definitely holding down the trig till after step 3 ?

1 Like

Yes, I did. Make the experiment:
Set some notes and/or trigless trigs in Grid Recording Mode.
Then p-lock different LFO-Depth-Settings for each step.
And then try to remove only the p-locks of the LFO-Depths.
Nothing happened.

And your firmware is up to date ? 1.12 I think is the latest

1 Like

Yes, it is 1.12.

When it says

1. Turn the PARAMETER knob corresponding to the parameter from which you want to remove the parameter lock.

Which parameter knob are you turning ?

1 Like

With the LFO window open, hold the trig you want to clear and adjust the parameter you want to remove to zero depth.

1 Like

I tried Level Data, nothing happened. Then I tried the LFO Setup Button, nothing happened.
Then I tried to open LFO Menu, highlight the Depth parameter and pressed the back button, nothing happened.

I think that’s the problem, then. What you’re expected to turn is one of pitch, decay, colour, shape, etc

1 Like

Thank you, but this is not erasing: If your Track Sound has a usual depth of 2 and
you set this step to zero, it has Zero, not 2. If this is only for one or two steps necessary, it
doesn´t matter. I think it´s not possible to really erase this.

So: How can I erase this?

I think this is the full instruction for removing p-locks in grid recording mode

1. Press and hold the [TRIG] key that contains a parameter lock.
  2. Turn the PARAMETER knob corresponding to the parameter from which you want to remove the parameter lock. (e.g. pitch, decay, colour, shape, etc)
  3. Press [PLAY] to clear the parameter lock.
1 Like

This erases the note number and velocity, but not the p-lock, it makes a trig to a trigless trig.
But what should I do to remove only the p-lock of LFO-Depth and not the whole trig?

If you do so, you can see, that after that the LFO-Button is highlighted again and the value is the same as before.