How do people react to your studio?

41 Likes

People who have no clue, usually go ”Oh, you make music, cool” and those who have some clue go in a passive-aggressive way ”You made this with only that?”

7 Likes

Better, I suppose, than “you only made that with all this?”

15 Likes

Classic !

They usually react astounded and then don’t bother to ask me about it. Mostly because they know that I’d start rambling for minutes, about a topic they’re not familiar with.

At least I hope that’s what they think :grin:

But a couple of weeks ago I actually had a visitor that was really interested in my setup:

26 Likes

Yeah I trust that, sorry my vocabulary in english is quite limited but I was underlying the idea that for X € you get less and less quality upgrade as much as the price rise (more difference between a 100 bucks interface and a 1000€ one than between a 1000 bucks interface and a 10000€ one). But hopefully the economy is still not broken : I still wanna trust that the 1000bucks one is more qualitative than the 100€ one, and that’s good you’ve confirmed that.

1 Like

After 2h of me explaining my setup, there were only two of five familymembers still listening😅.

19 Likes

Love how you’ve got one trapped in the stepladder. Captive audience eh

17 Likes

People think I’ve got a spaceship in my room lol one friend calls it the Starship Enterprise

5 Likes

Couldn’t you do this all on the computer?

8 Likes

Once you notice that electronic gear is used in sci-fi movies- everything changes

3 Likes

Alien is a great example. Bypass the remastered soundtrack and go back to the original.

4 Likes

What I often do when I have someone in the Studio :

• I play a Sequence routed in a Reverb
  • I give him/her a pair of Headphones
  • I put him/her in front of a not too complex device (like the 4 knobs Moog MF Drive)
  • I say : « Close your eyes and turn the knobs slowly »

After a few minutes they look at me with a smile and I can see in their eyes that they now understand my Passion/Obsession.

30 Likes

They react like this

j/k

2 Likes

I was waving my op1 along a platform recording the trains and three engine drivers passed by.
I joked “don’t worry its not a bomb” the the youngest replied seriously “I know… it’s a dj set”.
groan

3 Likes
1 Like

Life goals:

• Learn to beatmatch on vinyl and own at least two records of the same genre and BPM so I can plausibly call myself a DJ
  • Acquire a building
  • Convert it into a studio

Critically:

• move to Japan

Don’t forget the big Moog - critical ingredient for impressing people so much stars float out of their heads

Big Moog has already been done. My plan is to buy up all the unwanted SE-02s, stick on cat ears and sell Kawaii Moogs (not to be confused with Kawai Moogs, which also aren’t a thing).

3 Likes

Just remembered they put in a lesson right here

3 Likes