How do people react to your studio?

They TRY breaking in.
This is a room adjacent to my studio, photo from yesterday afternoon.
They managed to break into the neighbours’ spaces, but didn’t make it into mine.

3 Likes

My parents’ dog went in the office yesterday. Took one look at my Lyra 8 and pissed himself all over the rug.

Strong reaction.

16 Likes

I looked around my desk and… Isn’t it quite remarkable how human brains can actually keep track of all these knobs and buttons? Just looking around at my mixer, my modular, my DFAMs, my Elektron boxes, my FXes, I actually know more-or-less exactly what each button/knob will do if I press or turn them. I can’t believe my brain can really keep track of all of this, I can see why others think we are insane people.

11 Likes

Can someone explain why my post
“From time to time just allow her to design and buy a new kitchen.
This will lower your doubts and guilty conscience a lot. ;-)”
has bee flagged? My wife loves cooking and prefers a kitchen and not a new car or horse or whatever. So what’s wrong with a kitchen as a sort of GAS compensation?

4 Likes

Maybe the word “allow” :man_facepalming:t3:
“From time to time allow her”… Seems pretty obvious why that gets flagged.

7 Likes

Regarding studio stuff:

Similar experiences as most of the posts here, but I must say that since the dedicated space I have now people are genuinely more interested than before. Maybe tidiness helps in making it seem like less of a mental problem?

Sorry not native speaker. BTW my wife does not allow me to buy a new car. Do I have to flag her? :thinking:

3 Likes

Does she go on a forum and tell strangers she, from time to time, allows you to do X? In that case, yes that post might be okay to flag as well :wink:

Anyway, let’s get back on topic?

3 Likes

YES and YES :wink: :laughing:

4 Likes

Probably would have exploded if it had been running

1 Like

‘oh, I see your studio is actually a desk in your bedroom’.

5 Likes

“That’s cool, so you play any instruments?”

4 Likes

Haha, I had sometimes “so what do you play”. Even more confusing as I have a guitar and an e piano but wouldn’t claim I play them well

1 Like

So what do they think you do with your gear :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

File for a divorce immediately

1 Like

surprised

3 Likes

I don’t have a studio. Just a desk with a few extra boxes on it. So, no weird looks, at least not unless they actually want me to start playing, then it can go either way depending on how I decide to go about it I guess. There’s always a little something I got going on and then there’s, well, an OT and I think that says enough.

My wife: Do you really need another synth?

5 Likes

My wife: “Don’t you have to pick up some gear somewhere? I’m in for a ride.”

4 Likes

My priorities are simple. 3k in gear instead of any furniture.

8 Likes