HW DEALS : Hardware on Sale

I’ve noticed a difference

3 Likes

I went with an Audio Technica AT2035 for about $149. I’m thinking that vs. the SM7B will not be much different. Had mine over a year, the AT 2035 is a fantastic mic for the money.

2 Likes

It’s not a condenser. It’s dynamic, so the way it sounds in an untreated room is quite different. They need more clean gain, but will pick up significantly less room noise. So if you have flutter echoes in your room, a dynamic could be a much better choice like the SM7B or a RE20.

5 Likes

I bought one a month or so ago. I have read so many different views, some if not quite a few going so far as suggesting there wasnt a big difference between sm58 etc. Ive had the AT3035 and a couple other budget condensers.

For my male vocal, the sm7b is night and day way way “better”. And a huge difference tonally no matter whether its subjectively “better”. I do not know how it would be on acoustic guitars and other sources. But amazing for my style of vocals.

3 Likes

Sm7b is a studio legend. You can compress the snot out of vocals and not have much room sound.

Just need to make sure your preamp can drive it. At least the ones i have worked with needed a lot of volume.

6 Likes

Cannot unhear

6 Likes

I usually leave the snot in for that vintage vibe and texture. I actually compress the snot out of the snot to bring it forward in the mix.

4 Likes

The Cloudlifter is a super popular pairing with the SM7-b. I have a couple for my RE-20 and Ribbon mics

1 Like

You may prefer a condenser for that tone!

1 Like

Ewwwwwwwwwwww

2 Likes

I rather fittingly picked up my used Octatrack MKI at Russel Industrial Center in Detroit from a stranger (craigslist) and found my way around with the help of another friendly but completely random person. It pretty much played out like this video:

18 Likes

Can’t believe I’ve never seen that before. The only commercial I’ve ever seen that makes want the product…maybe I do need an Octatrack in 2021…

4 Likes

I haven’t followed its prices, so I’m not sure. But are TR-6S prices crazy low right now? In my region they seem to be, or have they always been €334 incl VAT and postage around EU?

1 Like

Thats the best! Thank you.

1 Like

TC Electronic Clarity M Stereo $199 @ Sweetwater while supplies last.

Normally $329

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ClarityMST--tc-electronic-clarity-m-stereo-loudness-meter

6 Likes

Dang, for something I was already considering, this really sweetens the pot… Oi! Thanks for the heads up.

3 Likes

I had been wanting to grab one even though it was not an absolute necessity. I hate moving windows around but like to have metering available at all times.

This price sealed the deal. Should be here on Thursday.

2 Likes

Ah!!!

1 Like

For US people, Sweetwater (and Amazon) have pretty deep discounts on Behringer synths (if you’re not morally opposed–let’s not get into that!). https://www.sweetwater.com/sale/early-black-friday-savings-2021?tile=14637

Poly D and MonoPoly for $499, Model D, Neutron, etc. for $199. I remember prices dropped on the modules like this before, but went back up, so this may be limited time. I hemmed and hawed and finally ordered a Poly D for my office to play around with and for some teaching. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Just a friendly reminder about nothing in particular, from one human to another:

Just because it’s on sale doesn’t mean you need it. New toys take time to learn; what do you want to spend your time doing?

36 Likes