HW DEALS : Hardware on Sale

Yeah, I’ve been caught by that before on their website, getting excited about a low price then realising it’s not really.

1 Like

Interesting, for me it shows INCL VAT. Perhaps depends per country. I’ve removed the price mention in my first post.

1 Like

and be careful regarding extra courier costs and taxes in the UK because of Brexit. SO many people have been caught out by this. Thomann sorts this out for you at source, but that feels more like a rarity at presence, whilst sadly other companies don’t have such a concern to the buyer, and leave you to sort it out!

3 Likes

Detroiter here as well - fully support a Detroit thread!

3 Likes

Yeah I saw this coming earlier in the year and bought the gear I really wanted while it was cheaper. I was a telling a guy in another thread that the Moog Grandmother was a great synth for around $800 and replied that he wasn’t paying almost $1200 for it. I went and looked at the prices and wow - That still shocked me that it jumped that much.

2 Likes

Interestingly I just found out via asking Pete at Takaab in Thailand that they are signed up for a service from Reverb that lets Takaab pay VAT to Reverb, who then provide an IOSS number for the packaging, which shows in turn to the relevant customs that VAT has already been paid. But I don’t think all Reverb sellers use this service.

Exactly. Most resellers such as eBay, Etsy, etc now offer an IOSS number which used correctly in the QR code in the postage means that someone should not have to pay extra taxes later on, but as you say not everyone uses this or even knows it. Too many people being caught out at present by rules they can’t always keep up!

Always be aware that when you see a bargain that it might be slightly misleading!

4 Likes

My local dudes! It is also a great shop, the only one of its kind in the area, greatly worth the support!

2 Likes

Detroit Modular has black OTs in stock for $1274:

https://www.detroitmodular.com/elektron-octatrack-mkii-black.html

3 Likes

And DM also have a 10% off Halloween sale that applies to most brands (so does Perfect Circuit, but I was able to apply the discount to a Hydrasynth at DM and not at PC). Plus, no tax if you live outside of Michigan (although technically you’re supposed to report and pay the sales tax yourself)!

1 Like

can confirm the perfect circuit halloween code doesn’t apply to sale or other items on this list, just like any other codes.

https://help.perfectcircuit.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405335250071-Why-isn-t-my-coupon-working-

Anyone have a Turntable Lab coupon code? :grimacing:

1 Like

The discount code for Detroit Modular doesn’t seem to apply to the Elektron items that are currently on sale.

Didn’t work on elektron for me either. It does work on an sp404 pre-order though.

3 Likes

Oh, I wish I hadn’t seen this. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Mono by Norand is down to 769 € (it was 829 €) if you buy from Martin Pas, a shop located in Torino (Italy). Free shipping to Italy. Don’t know the shipping costs for EU though.

2 Likes

You can buy the black OT on sweetwater for that 15% off price (1274) and stack coupons on top of that. I bought it with a 10% off coupon I had from a magazine they sent, but you have to call them to apply the coupon. 2XF21SJL was my coupon code, not sure if it still works after I used it. The coupon lasts until November 8th, but today is the last day that the OT is 15% off on their site.

2 Likes

If anyone is in the market for an SM7B, they are on a big time sale on Amazon right now. I’m not sure how long the deal will last, but it’s a smoking price for something that rarely (I think) goes on sale.

1 Like

Same price on SM7B available at Sweetwater, B&H etc. it is a Shure promotion, Shure successfully targeted me with that ad last week. Sweetwater says the $40 off $399 price of $359 is good until 12/31/2021

3 Likes

Dumb question: is the SM7B significantly better than the budget “large diaphragm” condensers you can get for around $60 from a bunch of different brands?