HW DEALS : Hardware on Sale

Detroit is a great city. It’s been some time since I have hung out there, but here are a few suggestions. The Detroit Institute of Art is one of my favorite museums. There is a beautiful indoor courtyard with a Diego Rivera mural. I have had some great food in Greektown, The Pegasus especially. One time I was out with friends and we ended up at The Old Shillelagh. On the main level they had an Irish band playing and everyone was sitting community table style and singing along. We all had a great time.

I used to head there for concerts back in the day, my favorite venue was Saint Andrews Hall. I went down for the Detroit Electronic Music Festival a few times. That was about 20 years ago. I think it has been since renamed, but it was always a great time.

Oh, and go to Buddy’s for some Detroit Style Pizza action. Detroit Style is still one of my favorites.

7 Likes

Detroit seems nice , maybe it needs its own thread :joy:

Cheap digitakt on uk gumtree - £380 , much cheaper than typical ~£500

10 Likes

We can probably find you a cheaper Digitakt in Detroit.

Just saying :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Not actually possible - excessive indulgences of such things was entirely justifiable then.

Great price on the none more black OT there. Now you can sample darker yet.

5 Likes

when it comes to goth/industrial, there’s no such thing as „too much“

5 Likes

‘Someone I know’ was attracted to a digitakt being sold for £400 on gumtree and was a fool and payed bank transfer and never saw the digitakt or the £400 again :tired_face:

Take care out there!

6 Likes

Absolutely. Take precautions… I’ve bought lots of things and haven’t had an issue but you’ll rarely hear that side of things online. Maybe I’ve been lucky / taken precautions.

2 Likes

Best precaution I can advise is to ONLY pay with PayPal (no exceptions) and even then to pay with a credit card linked to PayPal. That way you can use Friends and Family to avoid the fee and still be protected should you be scammed. :smiley:

5 Likes

Saw multiple weird mpc ones on fb marketplace while I was selling mine. Like £2-300 insisting on bank transfer. Wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole

2 Likes

Agree with this. The ‘person I know’ knew this, but good sense was overwhelmed :triumph:

1 Like

I had my good sense overwhelmed a couple of years ago by a FB scammer, lost about £320 for non-existent guitar pedals. Never again.

1 Like

Digitakt and Digitone are also currently 15% off ($729) until November 1st at zZounds and AMS:

https://www.americanmusical.com/elektron-digitakt-sampler-and-sequencer/p/ELK-DIGITAKT-LIST
https://www.americanmusical.com/elektron-digitone-desktop-synthesizer/p/ELK-DIGITONE-LIST

3 Likes

Similar sale at Patchwerks as well (for the month of october)

3 Likes

Interesting timing for a sale of this depth. I was just thinking the other day how it’s amazing that the Digi’s are up around $850 new.

Wow. I got my DN for $550, new, a couple years ago. Crazy.

2 Likes

Same with my Digitakt!

2 Likes

Agreed.

3 Likes

Sure I paid less for my OT new too, a couple of years ago.

Don’t forget the chip shortage, covid, etc. caused new priced to rise.

I’m very tempted but have to mind my budget at the moment. But there’s a B-stock Quadrantid Swarm module (without the case) on Musicstore at the moment. I think they’re German based? But should be fine for most EU countries I’d guess?

1 Like

by the way, all prices on musicstore.com are without VAT