HW DEALS : Hardware on Sale

Must be closing it out for the upcoming Octatrack MK3!!! :crazy_face:

12 Likes

Yeah, I thought they were the same company as well, although I’ve read that they may also be separate but just share the same warehouse. Either way, they usually have similar sales and similar payment plan deals.

1 Like

Honestly this sale price has been here for over a month. I know this because I bought one and tried to price match but was told I cannot :roll_eyes:. Still a great price indeed!

Really eh? That’s a bummer. Long and McQuade did a price match from the Elektron site for me in September before they ended up going down to $329 anyhow. Not cool to hear all the nauts aren’t getting equal treatment.

1 Like

Do octatracks often go on sale during black friday? I’m thinking of buying this zzounds one but I’ve only been tracking the OT prices for maybe 6-8 months now.

“only” :rofl:

6 Likes

I’m torn rite now. always wanted an octatrack but I just bought a polyend seq, for a little less than what this sale price octa is going for currently.

mainly got the polyend seq for sequencing other gear (which only has 8 tracks), but the octa also has 8 midi tracks of sequencing plus a lot of extra cool sh*t.

what also appealed to me is the simplicity of the polyend seq.
so idk now, should I keep it or return it and get the octa?

1 Like

I rarely see the OT on sale here in Europe, not sure how it is overseas. The OT is worth the money either way, but if you have a nice deal on hand I‘d say go for it especially if it‘s for the new black version cause that one looks gooooood… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Many retailers will

1 Like

That certainly is tempting. I wonder how “worth it” this move is. My gray mk2 is in good condition, but the new black mk2’s look great and are theoretically “newer”. :thinking:

1 Like

I have to confess, I ordered partly because I love the original ‘black brick’ look of all the old Elektrons. I probably listened to too much goth/industrial in the 1980s…

9 Likes

I can’t be the only one that tracks gear for like a year waiting for a discount to buy! This is the lowest I’ve seen it so far but apparently it did do some sales last November.

1 Like

It’s a lot easier to just call the sales rep for the retailer of your choice and ask for a 15% or 20% discount for the gear you want to buy, they can usually do it and email you the invoice. The OT price of 1,275 is exactly 15% off, and I haven’t been told no yet when asking for 15% off. Been turned down on 20% a few times but never on 15%.

4 Likes

Wow, does this work if you’ve never shopped at a retail outlet? I just moved to Detroit from Germany so I guess I’ll give it a try. I have bought one thing from sweetwater

2 Likes

Yep I’ve done it many times at a number of US retailers, just call and ask.

1 Like

be advised the discount when asking is only if you pay for the item in full instead of payment plans.

3 Likes

Enjoy Detroit! I’ve never lived there but I’ve always had a great time when visiting and playing shows there. Truly a fantastic town.

4 Likes

Thanks for the tips everyone! @blurrghost @Jukka if you play any shows in southeast Michigan please post on the forum or DM me.

1 Like

I live in the northwest but I get out that way now and then. Still have some friends out there. Next time it happens I’ll let you know.

1 Like

you may want to try detroit modular. i’ve gotten great deals from them in the past.

6 Likes