HW DEALS : Hardware on Sale

Yep, it would be even nicer if we didn’t have to think about this but that is one for another topic :joy:

Yeah, this constantly comes up, which is kind of annoying. Generally speaking, the various online retailers have clear information on their websites about whether or not VAT is charged at the point of sale, or on delivery. They’re pretty much all doing it at point of sale now, as far as I’ve experienced, and it’s easy enough to check. No real need to still be having these conversations.

There may have been a few people who ordered things in the narrow window where it was less clear / standardised, but even then, websites were generally clear and again, it would have been easy enough to double check with the retailer - especially considering at that time, everyone knew things were changing and might work differently…

1 Like

The bit that confuses me is in the case of this NI product on Reverb, it is charging VAT at the point of sale but also says import duty may be owed, and from what I read on the UK gov website, it sounds like you get charged extra duty on anything over £135. I’ve luckily not experienced this yet. Have emailed NI to see if they can confirm anyway.

Last post from me on this boring topic hopefully :rofl: after boring myself to sleep trying to understand import duties, I found this note on the NI Reverb store (I didn’t notice it on mobile):

United Kingdom: We are collecting VAT from UK buyers and ship Delivery Duties Paid, means UK buyers will not have to pay fees upon delivery of goods. Shipments to UK will need 5-8 working days extra for processing due to preparation of the shipment documents required for customs

Hope that helps anyone else form the UK who might be interested. Think I might treat myself to a Maschine mk3 (although I definitely don’t need it :joy:)

1 Like

I absolutely love what Native Instruments did with the Maschine MK3. The touch strip and scenes are incredible for variety when producing and performing. I had the Maschine Studio and Mk3. I just couldn’t get into the Maschine software! Not sure if it’s because I have Ableton Live pumping through my veins but I found the Maschine UI to be really confusing. I’m sure if I didn’t use Live I’d use Maschine - can’t imagine being into both. :confused:

1 Like

I had a Maschine mk1 many years ago and found the same. I just couldn’t find a workflow which felt good to me to integrate it with Live. However, I’ve since then got into using Elektron gear so I think I could approach it much more like a groovebox or source of loops or whatever. But I just learned the mk3 cannot control plugins outside of the Maschine software (so you can’t just up any NKS plugin in Komplete Kontrol and control it on the mk3 screens), which sucks!

1 Like

Detroit Modular currently has the Korg Modwave on sale for $722.49, which is a little more than $125 off the regular price. They are also having an Independence Day sale which gets you 10% off “most items” (not the Modwave, I checked :grin:) with the code FREEDOM10.

6 Likes

Looks like Hungry Robot Pedals will be doing 15% Off sale starting tomorrow.

1 Like

Just got my unit.
It’s in perfect condition. Would not be able to tell that it’s not a new one.
I think for 280€ it’s a no brainer

1 Like

missed this! even better though shows $78 for me currently.

1 Like

Midi editing is not exactly fun with Maschine (mk3) or the Software.

1 Like

Matrixbrute for $1249!?

https://www.proaudiostar.com/arturia-matrixbrute-analog-synthesizer.html

3 Likes

(TBF I’m in the UK)

same in Spain.

1 Like

In the US it shows up. Wow, that’s an insane price.

1 Like

They have a bunch of stuff at insanely low prices. Anybody confirm that this is a legit shop?

Proaudiostar has been around for a long time. They’re probably having a big independence day weekend sale.

1 Like

I’ve bought lots of stuff from ProAudioStar. They are a legit shop. I have sometimes found their packing a little questionable (they stuffed a $3000+ U87 into a plastic bag, and when I sent it back and complained, they sent a replacement packed in exactly the same way).

However, they often have very good deals like the one above. Oddly, there have been a few times where I have called about a cheap used item and received a nearly-as-good offer for a new one instead. A friend of mine has had the same experience with them.

So yeah, totally legitimate retailer with whom I have had mostly good experiences.

7 Likes

Yea call in and see if they can give you a deal. I got my focusrite clarett 8 pre for a good deal from them

1 Like

Yeah they’re legit. You see them do crazy deals like that sometimes… they also sell some used gear, so I assumed at first this was a demo or something.

1 Like