HW DEALS : Hardware on Sale

I have also been disappointed in the PC sales, between restrictions, lack of availability, and timing. But there are also weirdnesses with Detroit Modular’s web page. Some items just don’t show the discounts (it’s possible they are available if you call). Their codes persist for quite a while but it’s not clear how long. As a Canadian, I can’t use a credit card with a Canadian billing address. They’re even smaller than PC so I forgive them a lot, and I’m generally satisfied (shipping to me in NYC is way faster) but there are still issues.

Yes,sir. I do it all the time

Give them a call - as far as I can tell, it’s two guys that run the place, and they are considerate and helpful. Given their location, you can’t be the first Canadian they’ve encountered.

3 Likes

I’m sure this is true. But I hate telephones with a passion, and I am moving out of the US, and I am pretty much full with respect to modular. I bought several significant components of my current setup from them, and I am grateful. I used my partner’s credit card to do it, though.

Check out the video below. I find that playing it gets me in the right frame of mind before a call. A very 1990s frame of mind.

12 Likes

Banging

2 Likes

Blast from the past! The first modem I ever used was a 300 baud with acoustic coupler (rubber cups into which one fit the speaker and microphone ends of a standard telephone handset), size of a shoebox. I recognize all these sounds…

4 Likes

That 1999 modem sound is the one I always remember. Can hum it to this day.

2 Likes

Yum. Food for the octatrack!

1 Like

Guitar Center has some Korg Volcas on sale online.
Volca Drum, Beats and Keys are $129.
Volca Mix and Kick are $109.

2 Likes

Good sale on at musicmatter.co.uk - on everything not just Elektron

7 Likes

The low-cost multi-FX pedal known both as the Zoom MS-70CDR and as the MicroFreak Aftermarket FX Section is currently on sale for even cheaper: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MS70CDR--zoom-ms-70cdr-multistomp-chorus-delay-reverb-pedal

5 Likes

Musicians Friend has the Moog Matriarch as their Stupid Deal of the Day for $1699 :+1:

5 Likes

Need some compact, fold up headphones with a removable boom mic for under £50?

Just ordered a pair.

3 Likes

Zoom R20 16-Track Recorder $299 (down $150) at most US stores.

4 Likes

Blokas are offering a 14% discount on the Midihub

4 Likes

That was too easy. Rytm & Syntakt chords here I come!

2 Likes

I’ve been debating between getting one of these, an RK-006, or a Cubit for far too long. This finally made it easy!

RK006 is a different animal in many ways though. Matters what you are trying to do and what gear you have.

1 Like

I suppose the other thing that made it easy was that I finally diagrammed out the DAWless setup I want to build out of all my currently-in-storage gear and determined I needed at least three MIDI inputs, which only Blokas has. Though that was more of a “ok, if I want to go with this particular routing, I need the MIDIHub…” And this convinced me to commit to that setup. :slight_smile: