HW DEALS : Hardware on Sale

Just went and checked it out. The first two buttons, 1 & 2, don’t trigger their respective sounds but the pads light up. Also, velocity to volume was turned on but the pads definitely didn’t feel like they responded to velocity. I only had about ten minutes on it, but those two issues seemed very real. And coming from a MK I, I actually prefer those pads because the MK II ones wiggle too much. Just personal preference though since everything else on the MK II is luxurious.

4 Likes

Oof. Thanks for checking it out in person. Yeah, with Guitar Center, you never know when it comes to used items. I’ve received items listed as “Good” that were in pristine condition while others were pretty bad. “Great” can be hit and miss too but “Excellent” is usually consistent.

2 Likes

Tascam has some back to school deals. $100 off X8 field recorder.

4 Likes

It’s the one you’ve been waiting for folks:
Your holy grail synth GAS will finally take a rest

The blip box is on sale!
Of course I jest. But I see the fun in this if it’s your cup of tea.

I followed the link from my email- there’s not a word of this sale on the site, but the discount shows up when you add to cart.

5 Likes

I see lots of places have the TR-06 on sale for $279. Great time to pick one up at that price!

1 Like

It’s actually really cool and doesn’t sound like a toy. My five year old loves it. Someday I’ll get around to seeing what it can do with MIDI.

No doubt. Reviews on it are good, in terms of its capabilities. Weather or not it’s technically “worth” the asking price, it “feels” overpriced, to me, for what it is.
But there’s a synth for everybody

Edit: just watched the demo video again.
I think I like a chonky filter lever (like on the blip box) for the filter, instead of a knob. Maybe they’ll expand into midi controllers….?

2 Likes

Right when I put mine on Reverb too!

I’ll add the Verselab MV-1 is also on sale for $629.99

Solid savings there

I got notice of a Modor DR-2 sale (25% discount) at Perfect Circuit. They are presently selling for $1,574. Granted, it is still an expensive price tag, but it is what it is. I am unsure how long the sale will last nor if it is also available at other retailers.

The Erica Synths Perkons HD-01 is on my radar for a future purchase, but this sale has me considering putting those plans on hold indefinitely.

2 Likes

I had a Modor. Liked it quite a bit, more than most drum Machines I’ve owned…which is most of them.

1 Like

Yeah, Roland appears to be having a Labor Day sale now. The TR-6S is also $279.

7 Likes

I’m waiting for a similar deal in the UK as the Modor DR-2 is right up my street

1 Like

I hope a sale is available soon in the UK. The Perfect Circuit sale is possibly the result of overstock, as I was unable to find a price discount elsewhere.

Ultimately, I went forward with the DR-2 purchase this morning.

Both the Korg NanoKey Studio and NanoKontrol Studio are on sale for $130 and $160 respectively.

I’ve had a NanoKey2 for years, and I actually quite like the button-keys (I prefer them to cheap-tier standard mini-keys), so these are both looking somewhat tempting to use with Drambo.

Which retailers? That’s a tasty deal.

Wow American Music Supply/Zzounds ships fast. Ordered a TR-6S ($279) yesterday afternoon and it showed up this morning. Amazon also has the TR-6S for $279 - and it’s sold by Amazon, not some third party seller.

2 Likes

I know Sound Parcel has them too. (And I don’t believe they charge sales tax either…could be wrong).

1 Like

I’m seeing $399 everywhere but maybe it’s adjusting to my Canadian location.

Very strategic of Roland to release that huge TR-8/6s update then discount them right after. I was contacting people looking for a used one when this sale happened. Ordered, and now between this and the recent OpSix sale I am good on gear for this year! (yeah right lol)

3 Likes

MacBook Pro 14-inch is $400 off for Labor Day sale

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/macbook-pro-14-laptop-apple-m1-pro-chip-16gb-memory-512gb-ssd-latest-model-space-gray/6450853.p?skuId=6450853

2 Likes