HW DEALS : Hardware on Sale

Awesome! Glad it was useful to somebody :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

After living with cheap earbuds that plug into the Lightning port on my iPhone 13, but actually connect through Bluetooth, I’m ready for a modest upgrade. These earbuds sound as cheap as they cost.

Some step-up candidates:

Philips H9505 - $119, down from $249

JBL Live 660NC - $100, down from $200

2 Likes

Native instruments now has some cashback deals on their hardware.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/

1 Like

this appears to be the actual Empire Guitar store (with full prices). also read the fine print on that other site and it’s clearly shady boots

1 Like

I said eff it and tried to buy a Stymon big sky for $98.

My credit card company blocked the charge. I did not try again.

1 Like

what a coincidence, the EHX String9 I was looking at was also $98.

I agree, sounds sus as heck

1 Like

Definitely too good to be true. And as pointed out below, everything beyond the product pages on the site reeks of a con. I wouldn’t risk it

2 Likes

I cancelled the card I tried to use just for good measure.

One good thing about having a bunch of credit cards.

I tried to do this a couple years ago for cheap Lego sets.

I’m sure there’s a complete dossier on me living the good life overseas.

3 Likes

They know what we like! It’s a honey trap.

Plus, there really is something wrong with me.

One part of me just wanted a cheap Big Sky.

But the other part of me knew it was too good to be true…. AND SAID EFF IT, let’s see what happens.

It was cute with the little pop up on the bottom showing people who just bought what ever you were looking at on the bottom.

1 Like

Ugh, so tempted but going to resist the GAS. Roland SP404 mk2 going for $479 on Amazon (only a couple left).

1 Like

Do it.

Don’t let reason factor into any decisions during this magical time of year.

4 Likes

I have enough Amazon and credit points where I would only pay like $130 but the shame is priceless lol

1 Like

Bro.

The effects alone are worth it. But it also is a sampler.

1 Like

I caved, who am I kidding? Plus I have an MX-1 and have been eyeing the SP since it was unobtanium. Thanks for the push lol. Hope some others jumped in…

1 Like

In a months time, you’ll forget about the money spent, but will still have a 404.

Now you just need a baby cactus and a Carhartt beanie to complete the look.

And remember, you’re only allowed to make mediocre beats with a bunch of vinyl sim on them and call it “Lofi”

6 Likes

The beauty with Amazon is that you have plenty of time to return it for a full refund if you don’t click with it.

2 Likes

Yeah, not too much buyer’s remorse (only spent about $160). And don’t worry, I’ll put vinyl sim on all 4 effects slots, slap on a video filter, and start all of my videos with an espresso machine all foley roomed out…

6 Likes

Ha.

For real though, I just bought every sample from Infinite Samples and every Paragon Packs. Just to make dark DnB.

I’m trying to go outside the box with it.

My next two big purchases are all the AJ Hall drum breaks and all of ill minds drum kits, then I’m set for sounds.

1 Like

Yup, I want dark D and B to be my middle name but I’m a 140 guy by nature. Noticed we’re both in Chicago by the way. Okay, that was my last thread derail:)

1 Like

Boy am I glad I didn’t see that amazon deal until it was too late. I might have gotten one too. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes