HW DEALS : Hardware on Sale

Have you compared the HD-600’s to Planars? I was looking at the Avantone Pros which are in the same price range now, and wonder which ones are the most neutral for studio monitoring and mixing applications.

And on the Sennheiser site itself. Always nice to purchase directly from the manufacturer.

1 Like

I haven’t heard the Avatones, so grain of salt. But…

some second-hand conclusions in here

I’d guess the usual dynamic vs. planar differences hold. Dynamics give more oomph you can feel esp. in the low end, and this can make them feel more punchy or “present”. Planars tend to be more quick and technical, which makes them feel “accurate” and “clear”, but a tad lifeless.

As far as neutrality goes, it looks like the HD-600 win hands down:

1 Like

Thanks for your insights! Did some researching and going to try the HD 58X Jubilee’s that are just $129 at the moment.

Was this discount on their website or is there a code? Wasn’t seeing reduced prices, but dealers seem to have discount pricing going.

1 Like

No code, you just go through the flow through their site and it adds it before the final confirmation.

Not positive it’s good for all pedals, but one of the new colors caught my attention so I went with the direct buy

Ah yep, that worked - thanks!

1 Like

Analog RYTM MK2 for $1,484 at Sweetwater

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AnalogRytm2Bk--elektron-analog-rytm-mkii-black-8-voice-drum-computer

3 Likes

Thank you for the discount, got the Dist and Fuzz pedals, sound great.

Now I’m curious what the Valco KGB Loop pedal is. Not being a guitar player I have no idea what it does exactly and how useful it is for synths.

Reverb has used ANALOG FOUR MKI for $500+40 shipping. That seems like a deal, yes?

1 Like

I guess… It is a used piece and is only in fair condition. I bought one locally that was almost mint for $600.

3 Likes

Not a deal. I would go for a new one at that price. Especially now at this time of year.

Now Thomann got me: Syntakt for € 789,-

1 Like

For reals. Cigarette burn on the Func button indicates other unseen goo on the insides as well.

2 Likes

At least it didnt say it comes from a smoke free studio.

3 Likes

nah thats fuckin nasty cig burn. whoever that is dirty as fuck guaranteed the whole thing smells like ass esp the buttons

5 Likes

Dark moog matriarch is on sale at Sweetwater for $500 off.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MatriarchDk–moog-matriarch-dark-semi-modular-analog-synthesizer-and-step-sequencer

5 Likes

There’s SSL SiX for 900€+shipping in Denmark’s Cyber’s Farm.

1 Like

miniKorg 700FS $1555

SE-1X 2019 (descendant of first Minimoog clone) $2090

Source:

3 Likes

Eventide has the “dot9” pedals on sale, direct, with free shipping. for $211.65 in the US

Sale ends Dec 9, 2022

8 Likes