HW DEALS : Hardware on Sale

oooooof, that is a deal that might be too hard to pass up.

Synths and such are included in the current eBay UK 10% off voucher code that ends at midnight.

Kind of glad there’s nothing I’m looking for at a tempting price to be honest :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Took advantage of this to buy a Softpop 2 at a great price, only to have to pay over £100 in taxes when it just arrived in the UK, which is so dispiriting. I also want to support the makers directly but it’s impossible now since Brexit.

When I approached UPS about the high charge they simply responded ‘we don’t know.’ Great guys, thanks!

Rather spoilt the joy of spoiling myself there :pleading_face:

5 Likes

Sorry to hear that. I hope it makes up for it, though. Looks like great kit.

Can you not write it off your taxes or anything? Does the UK do that kind of thing for professional artists?

Juno has them on sale in the UK too, and I guess other places may do too, except the Blackhole, which is the only one that I’d want :grimacing:

Not sure how one does this but it’s so disheartening. Hadn’t bought any gear from overseas in a long time because of Brexit but didn’t expect taxes to be SO very high then.

2 Likes

Yeah, it really feels like prison to me these days, also the cost of sending things to the EU is absurd. We are run by vampires & nobody seems to mind.

What do you mean by “taxes” in this case?

Import taxes for items in the EU since the introduction of Brexit, on items, plus courier costs too

If you include VAT then you would have paid this at exactly the same rate before Brexit, except that it would have probably been added to the original price by the retailer.

Well one other cost is associated with non payment of import duties at the seller end, that’s known as expedited so that the import duty is paid in advance. You get surcharged for non expedited. Unfortunately especially from the US expedited shipping is not very common.

But yes you are correct, this has always been the case, I’ve been hammered a few times over the decades, you only find out how much when they want payment on your doorstep.

I’m still waiting to see evidence of these elusive Brexit opportunities we’ve been promised. So far, it’s just been the opportunity to pay more for everything. Regarding EU purchases, I avoid all but Thomann who appear to have the resources to collect tax at their end and do all the necessary paperwork so their UK customers don’t get stung. Oh, and some new old stock direct from Mutable Instruments’ recent closing down sale which I figured was worth the £90 import fees.

2 Likes

Bax are good too, I’ve bought a couple of times, I think they have a UK warehouse and so are already imported. They get a bad reputation because of the default courier they use with parcels going missing, the solution is always choose parcel force which is a tiny bit more.

3 Likes

Cannot believe I missed this one. Would have been my only purchase all year.

Maschine + is on sale at SamAsh for $800. A price so unbelievable I had to call and confirm!

https://www.samash.com/native-instruments-maschine-standalone-production-and-performance-instrument-n28000xxx-p

8 Likes

wtf… wow, what is that about, they’re not about to release another unit are they?

The code TREM10 will knock off another 10%, bringing it down to $720.

5 Likes

Looks like a capable beast, even if they do release a new unit. I hope someone snatches these up.

I’ve always been interested, but there’s too much overlap with my other gear. Something would end up collecting dust.

3 Likes

Op-Z 25% off at Teenage Engineering store…

If someone in Germany or EU wants to jump on the Syntakt train, at ProMusicTools it is still on sale for 788€

1 Like