HW DEALS : Hardware on Sale

Yep. Looks like the white version only. I couldn’t resist at that price though and managed to get another £12 off at Juno. Thank you for feeding the GAS @bibenu!

2 Likes

I wasn’t going to get myself any xmas gifts. I’m sure I’ve not been good enough. But… whoops.

Thanks both! :gift:

3 Likes

Does anybody recall if Perfect Circuit does a sale at Christmas or New Year’s? I don’t want to pony up full $ if they’ll be having discounts in a week.

It seems like they do 10% off just about every holiday. So my guess is yes, either one or both of those.

2 Likes

I’ve called them when they had no sale s going on and asked for “best price” and they immediately Offered 10% off.
I recommend doing that with evry purchase and every retailer.
It has literally never failed me.

9 Likes

Korg SQ-64 finally seeing some reductions in the UK at £149 from various shops including Amazon, DV247 and gear4music. Not quite the $129 in the US, but cheap enough to tip me over the edge and try one out.

1 Like

Looks like the Perfect Circuit sale is on from now until January 2nd, 10% off.

2 Likes

Thanks a million! My order has been placed :0)

1 Like

Patchwerks Promos

Prophet 10 desktop only 2699 on zzounds. The prophet 5 desktop is 2599 on zzounds. Jump on it if you’re interested!! The most amazing synth!

3 Likes

Very bummed I missed the Octatrack sale. I hope they go back down to 1299 at some point again soon!

1 Like

I’ve just seen that ProAudioStar is selling Furman P-1800-AR power regulators for $799 apiece. They are normally over $1500. If you call them, you can get an even better deal on multiple units (I bought three for $725 each).

https://www.proaudiostar.com/furman-p-1800-ar-prestige-series-power-conditioner.html

3 Likes

Love that switchable lamp socket!

Do you happen to know how / if the Fruman regulators are superior to the typical telecom-grade power conditioner, like this APC?

The reason I ask is that telecom gear is generally available used for pennies through local surplus outlets, and that is only going to increase over time as everyone moves to the cloud and decommissions their own data centers.

2 Likes

Possibly that one is not as good, as it’s just intended to keep switching power supplies happy and they don’t care that much. That said, the gold standard are double-conversion UPSs, where they do an AC-DC-AC conversion with a chunk of noise filtering on the DC side. Those are not the cheap category of APC UPSs, but they’re more what I’d expect to see coming out of an office IT closet with a dozen servers in it.

2 Likes

I’ve no idea. I use standard APC and Tripplite towers for my computer stuff, but tend to use line conditioners for the bulk of the studio gear. I have pretty unstable power where I live, so I specifically wanted a voltage regulator, plus line conditioning and surge protection. I went looking for this specific unit this morning and found the ProAudioStar deal, so grabbed a few of them. :blush:

4 Likes

Someone please buy this open box Moog Matriarch on Alto Music so I dont…

2 Likes

The Nord Drum 3P is in a year end sale here in Finland. 499€ for a brand new one. I ordered myself one because of the video from Red Means Recording where he pairs an ND3P with a Digitakt with spectacular results.

This will be my only indulgence as NGNY2022 is basically over and NGNY2023 is just starting.

10 Likes

Can’t help you. I already have one. It’s beautiful; you should get one :wink:

3 Likes

What are the risks of open box?