HW DEALS : Hardware on Sale

I’m sooo tempted

1 Like

Moog doesn’t have the greatest quality control. I imagine the open box has something wrong with it.

2 Likes

Or… just someone returned it. Because it did not gel with her or him. Happens

3 Likes

Can’t say for sure. I know I’ve scored some unreal deals in the past from Alto Music and Pro Audio Star because they were B-stock or open box. I’ve never been able to tell the difference between new. You can always message them to see what the return policy is.

yeah, open box risk depends on the store.

If the store has policies you’re comfortable with and has a good reputation, you don’t have much to worry about.

The box won’t close!

19 Likes

Most Mackie VLZ4s are on sale at Amazon right now - 8, 12, 14, and both 16s. The venerable 1202 is $264:

(Link includes pricing for the whole series)

3 Likes

The 3P is crazy expensive in the US, like $1200. But some European vendors will ship for closer to $600, so I just bought one and it’s freaking awesome.

My drummer friend and I both have the SPD-SX and we both kinda hated how it never really felt like it had an organic drum response. He played this for like a drum roll and it totally blew his mind so now we got a second one coming! Haha.

3 Likes

Maybe not a sale exactly, but on Thomann, a brand new Polyend Play shipped in 2 days is $715 with tax. For perspective, a used one on Guitar center takes longer to ship and costs over $750 with tax.

It’s essentially $100 off for a new unit, with shipping and depending what your tax rate is.

I’ve had it in my basket at Thomann for a week and finally went to pull the trigger today:

“ Sadly we cannot deliver Clavia Nord products to your country of choice. Please consider products of a different manufacturer or switch to another delivery country.”

I believe I was able to order it from andertons for a similar/ same price, ran into the same issue with thomann

Yep, I had the same thing happen with Genelec on Thomann and went with Andertons instead. The one thing to be aware of with them is that they will open and test anything before shipping it overseas, which might catch you by surprise as it’s not entirely clear from how it’s worded on the site.

Aside from that quirk, though, they’re a great alternative when you’re looking to order gear from Europe.

1 Like

Yup, Anderton’s. And when you go to pay the price in the basket drops a bunch. Pretty weird/awesome.

Awesome! Many thanks … I just placed an order.

At the end of last week I ordered a Hartke LX8500 800watt solid state bass amp head (which includes a tube in the preamp for its drive circuit) from Thomann for $379 (plus $74 UPS Express shipping to the US from Germany) - must have been the last one as the price went up $10 and they are out of stock for 3-4 weeks now - but even at $389 + $74 after the shipping charge that is still a steal for that amp.

Everywhere else I see in the US is selling them for $649. I have no idea why Thomann are so much lower.

3 Likes

Im not sure either… Ive ordered all my last big purchases via Thommann to the states. Dfam, Analog Heat, Prophet 6, Syntakt, and a Maschine mk3.

The only thing is that that UPS will charge you an import tax if it rises above a threshold. When I got the Syntakt, I owed UPS $90, but it still brought the total cost like $100 cheaper.

Also, Decksavers are like half the price through them.

Edit; Also ordered a Keystep Pro and a Matriarch from them as well.

I saved over a thousand dollars by just going through them.

3 Likes

isn’t the threshold $800?

I’m not sure… I only got charged once. And everything was bought separately over a three or four month period

when I bought my polyend medusa from Juno uk, that’s what they told me great place by the way got a medusa for 5 and some change… so they said not to worry about the
import cost and sure enough there was no charge.

1 Like

Yep, threshold is $800.

2 Likes