I finished two albums - electro/braindance/whatever (UPDATE: both online now)

Hey guys, I like two share my recent finished work with you. Here is the first of two collections of tracks, I mainly did during social distance time in spring this year. I was looking for new jobs at that period and had quite a lot of time to jam on my machines.
The first album is mainly live takes, all done with one setup, which was OT, A4, DN and toraiz AS-1 at that time.
I am a big afx fan for years, but never dug into rephlex records before this year. Much of what I discovered, was probably very influential on my recent creations.
I didn‘t put that much time into finalizing it, it mainly resulted out of jams and I mixed most of it before hitting the record button. Which was a nice diversion from my usual approach.
i have some of those takes on my youtube channel as well.
The cover was done by my partner.
The second album is contains more „in the box tracks“. I will upload it the next few days.

Hope you can give it a listen and maybe get something out of it :upside_down_face: Cheers

UPDATE:
Finally found some time to upload the other ten tracks.
This collection of tracks originate from the same period (meaning spring “lockdown”). A few of these tracks were made with the same setup. But most of them were actually done just on my laptop in ableton (two with a Launchpad pro), when I was at my girlfriends place (most of the time) were I had none of my hardware toys with me.
I bought TAL Sampler at that time which is used a lot. Other than that I used Repro 1 and 5, TAL Unolx and Bassline101 and lot’s of samples from mars.
I put those tracks on a separate release, cause they were not as consistent as the tracks on Reconfigurations I. Similar style, but a bit more diverse maybe. Don’t know :slight_smile: I’m quite happy with them, they also didn’t take much effort. One or two tracks per evening, a bit like jamming in ableton. The session view still makes ableton much more fun to me than any other DAW I tried.
Feels like a jam playground rather than a typical timeline DAW view.

Anyway. Hope you can give it a listen!
Cheers again.

45 Likes

VEry nice! Indeed that reminds me of Rephlex, in a good way! :slight_smile:

1 Like

that’s great to hear. Thanks for listening :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

they sounded good to me …nice 808/303/pads etc… and no very obvious attempt at afx … and no ‘very annoying screeching and high pitched pointless bullshit’ which can often occur when going ‘afx’ .

3 Likes

Thank you. I‘m obviously very influenced but try not to copy anything. And I couldn‘t - even if I tried to :wink:
With these tracks I just tried to capture a vibe, which I love listening to myself. Mainly the choice of sounds, the melodies mainly sound like me I guess (and hope)

1 Like

Congrats!!

1 Like

Thank you!

Just started listening but I’m liking this a lot already! Really cool vibes and grooves!

1 Like

nice, thanks a lot

Just purchased. Very nice album!
Btw. it sounds quite Rolandish, and the whole time while listening to it, i thought damn he really rocks that MC101, just to find out here now that it is all Elektron and AS1…well done!

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the support🙏

1 Like

Very nice. I especially like the drum programming.

I think I hear use of the OT’s Spring Reverb in the 2nd track? If so, kudos for good use of an effect many have dismissed as unusable!

2 Likes

I try to imitate roland typical sounds on any synth I use. Would be less hassle if I‘d just get actual roland synths :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

thank you! drums were mainly done on the OT with samples from mars

good ear :+1: I only discovered recently that I like spring reverbs a lot on many sounds. Never used to use them. I think the one on the OT is totally usable

2 Likes

The mix sounds really good and clean. The composition is dreamy, I like it. The first track gave me Kraftwerk vibes! Nice work!!! Mellow yet driving beats to keep me moving.

3 Likes

Testimony to how good the OT can be as a drum machine. Don’t get me wrong, great synth work too.

1 Like

On that note, which do you use/prefer for that 101-ish bass sound, A4 or AS-1?

thank you @Geneoart and @Skypainter !!
much appreciated

thanks :upside_down_face: I owned a Rytm and a TR8s for some weeks but I sold both and went back on using OT as my main drummer. I just like working with sample chains and slice mode

2 Likes

the A4 filter probably sounds more like a roland filter, but for bass sounds I would generally say the AS1. It‘s perfect for basses.
And it‘s all sweet spot, as people say about the sh101 as well

1 Like

Congrats on the release. On my listen list, looking forward to it :+1:

1 Like