I have a confession (genre rant)

maybe bring at least something new to the table, make hip hop techno. make the kick groove. Jdilla techno.

2 Likes

Exactly! This is closer to what Iā€™m doing. Dancefloor Dilla.

2 Likes

HipHop Timing Techno

2 Likes

Itā€™s like if Dilla did house music but with Autechre, on mescaline or something, and Leonard Cohen is doing spoken word over it. I donā€™t even know anything anymore.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been experimenting with Antcore. Itā€™s Disco inspired breakbeat with Jungle influence, for ants. :ant:

4 Likes

Like, you are making it for the ants?!!!

OMG, and play it for them on tiny speakers!

3 Likes

With tiny speakers, yes.

3 Likes

You also know me.

2 Likes

:exploding_head:

1 Like

I see you leaf mouth!

Sorry, I should be taking medication probably.

This is mostly a joke. Mostly.

2 Likes

Only problem is the bass is a little lacking out of those speakers.

2 Likes

We must find a solution to this issue immediately. I will do some research. There has got to be a way to let them feel the bass without destroying their homes with the vibration.

So much of an antā€™s life is just rebuilding their sand stacks, itā€™s incredible. We had this one ant pile in front of our house and it was built right under the place where the water drains when it rains. Everytime, they just rebuild instead of moving shop. I wish I could help them. Maybe I could make them a song about becoming more nomadic.

1 Like
2 Likes

Uncanny (sort of), I was looking up Acenā€™s releases the other day on Discogs.

Turns out heā€™s now a successful film director of some sort.

Used to love a bit of Acen, blasting out in my friends Morris Minor.

4 Likes

I had never heard them before today. So cool.

I mean, I donā€™t love all of it, but parts of it are really cool and unique and thereā€™s more hip-hop in it than I ever expected. God, a Morris! Super jelly, even just hobo cruising one.

2 Likes

This is not offensive. This is life.

3 Likes

But what aboutā€¦
Kick, kick , kick, kick?

Orā€¦
Kick,Kick,Kick,Kick(#) (#ghostnote)?

Or like a four to the floor but one of the kicks (not the first one) is always a little off?

1 Like

obligatory pitiful Iggy Pop video :joy: (ohā€¦ and welcome to the party)

5 Likes

Boots and cats and boots and cats

5 Likes

And boots and boots and cats and cats?

2 Likes