I have a confession (genre rant)

All is good as long as there’s kick, kick, kick, kick.

The last option is only good is you do it a couple of times per track. Every time it loses the magic. You may as well play with a different one, the first downbeat is the most important. The second and last ones can be messed with. The most commonly messed with is the last, where it can be moved from its usual place to either before or after or both.

Edit:

Wait it might be the third one you can mess with the most :thinking:

There are no rules in techno. You can do whatever as long as it sounds good and makes you dance

3 Likes

I love it, but I don’t do rules typically, except to set up the eventual breaking of said rules.

Wait, which last one, the one with the off kicks or the double boots double cats?

1 Like

… X… X
X X X X

This is life

3 Likes

It’s 13 :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

…x …x …
… X… X
X X X X

4 Likes

Mind if I use that in my next banger? I’ll credit you, of course.

3 Likes

80-20 royalty split or nothing

3 Likes

Ouch

Edit - deal.

3 Likes

Ahaha…

KK X---X---X--X--X-
CP ---X-------X----
CH XX-X-XX---X-X-XX
OH --X-X--X-X-X-X--
3 Likes

If feel a new forum member only needs to read the @Buad thread, this one, and the @Fin25 thread trying to decide wether to get a laptop or not to truly understand this community.

The rest are all ‘HELP!!! I can’t find the ‘play’ button on my Sp404mk2’ and such.

(I can’t, by the way, if anyone could do a solid for me)

6 Likes

now this thread is complete.

Like, subscribe, and visit the funk illuminati patreon.

5 Likes

Techno also resonates with those same primordial rituals. They may not be so different.

3 Likes

that 909B.C. kick hits hard.

3 Likes

Don’t use such lofty, big brained words when speaking to techno producers, it confuses them.

4 Likes

@Suspect_Frequency Officially making a Patreon account, lol. *Tips hat

2 Likes

meanwhile I’ve been trying to connect midi cables for an hour and my hands keep returning to XXXX

2 Likes

Lol, you mean the same producers who name their records things like “Differential” and “Ambiguity”?

4 Likes

Anyone can randomly throw letters together like that.

3 Likes

unethodox

4 Likes

See

3 Likes