I usually don’t turn my gear off

Hi all

İ just wanted to ask if there is a risk if i don’t turn my gear off. From time to time i leave all off them on for a week and then close them for a few days and i forget them on again. İn the case of my referance monitors i hardly turn them off like i mean o dont power my monitors down 2 months and then a few days. İs there a risk in using them like this? Because i feel like they are all made to be staying on.

:earth_africa: : (

23 Likes

Screen burn in on A4 mk2 - Elektron Gear / Analog Keys/Four - Elektronauts

4 Likes

Who pays for your electricity?

2 Likes

Thats True :frowning:

1 Like

I’m paying my electricity.

1 Like

the house is mainly for the Studio so im not letting anything else stay on or the lights for so long. İ don’t have a tv so i just work in studio most of the time anyway.

1 Like

i don’t think i would be happy knowing there’s something unattended connected to the electricity 24h a day…wouldn’t like to find the place on fire :confused: there’s probably a slim chance it could happen but even then; would also consider how that affects the lifespan of the device/s

1 Like

and this:

10 Likes

Never understood why some leave the motor running.

2 Likes

In a diesel engine more fuel is used in shut down and start up than while idling… real facts here.

Motorsynth mk3?

5 Likes

it’s painful because it’s true :sweat_smile:

I think we should have a thread about synthesizers that would be diesel powered if they were cars… I don’t think the volvo synth thread was specific enough!

3 Likes

Great… I, in part get thrown off of one synth forum due to believing in global warming and now maybe booted off of another for promoting it :innocent:

2 Likes

Unless I need to unplug them to rearrange the room or some other very rare action I haven’t turned my monitors off in years. I do turn everything else off though.

2 Likes

A few years back a mate got a refurbished Cadac beast from the early 80’s. This thing.

He’s not a native English speaker and needed some help with some points in the manual, which recommended NOT turning it off, unless unused for extensively long periods. I’m no electrician, but my layman’s guess is the voltage surge when turned on causes stress to all the brass innards. First switch on tripped the fuses in the room.

He’s still got it but in another town and country (Germany). A couple of channels are faulty (maybe too many on power ups), and rarely used as the power consumption is probably equivalent to having a large catering oven on full blast.

On a side note: What was the German government on when it decided to close down its nuclear power stations?

1 Like

Well i don’t keep all of them on like everysingle device, i have 2 elektrons the eurorack and one other synth on most of the time when im working and the pc. the others are mostly off. i keep the ones on that im heavely using and them i keep them off for a while after.

This looks very very nice

Yeah arent they supposed to be safe when staying on for a Long time?

That’s what I recall being told. I did, 20+ years ago, have an Event 20/20 fail on me for some inexplicable reason in the middle of the night while I was sleeping. I walked in in the morning and it was just dead. But over the years that has been the only powered monitor I’ve had that broke under any conditions.

1 Like