Ideas For Pedals Good For Mangling Beats (Not including Standard distortion or bitcrushing?

Has Empress Zoia been mentioned?

3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

not completely sold on the Hypnosis, or are you ?

Hainbach getting his dust on…

Ricky taps

1 Like

no Love for the strymon Mobius out there for these purposes?

more thyme mangling

1 Like

Nice to see some other options here than the current “everybody has to have one” microcosm. That thing has got on so many YouTube channels now it’s like an infection. At first I thought it might be interesting and now I just don’t want to hear it again. I’m pleased I cancelled my pre order tbh.

4 Likes

856 for Zellersasn

More music making, less Youtube?

how do you mean?

Edit - Oh, you’re being defensive of a pedal that you own, got it :confused:.

making lots of music thanks.

1 Like

I just meant i don’t think there’s such a thing as « everybody has to have one « and maybe you’d need to switch off youtube for a while.
I don’t think any demo will replace what you’ll do with the gear, youtube videos are not so different from each other nowadays when it comes to music gear.

1 Like

Here are my current go-to pedals for mangling:

OBNE Mondegreen
OBNE Dweller
OBNE Visitor
OBNE Dark Star
Mood
Microcosm
Heat MKII

not sure how you have come to the conclusion I need to turn Youtube off for a while, or assume you know my watching habits…

Of course no demo will replace what an individual does with any gear. And agree, they’re all much the same nowadays. But its everywhere because they’ve paid for it to be everywhere. I’d assume lots and lots of people then buy into this, hence having to preorder a pedal and get on a waiting list etc. They’re selling like hot cakes.

Anyway, i digress, each to their own.

are you going mostly for harsher tones or the opposite, I’m not familiar with OBNE gotta check them out?

OBNE = Old Blood Noise Endeavours. They do a lot of ambient and multi-modulation stuff, sometimes with distortion thrown in. I think they were talked about upthread a bit. I have the Visitor, I like it.

2 Likes

lol, I’ve got an expression pedal of theirs… don’t know why it didn’t click in my head

1 Like

I feel as though you can accomplish both harsh and soft tones with these pedals. If you were just starting out with OBNE I’d recommend the Dweller.

Hi my name is Andrew, and I have an OBNE addiction :smile:

The expression sliders are fantastic. I use 2 for my Analog Rytm control inputs. :+1:

8 Likes

I think there might be something I’m missing about the microcosm, I do like this clip but I’m starting to feel like if the microcosm was only 200bucks I’d still pass

2 Likes

what’s the closest thing to this in pedal or table top format?

1 Like