Ideas For Pedals Good For Mangling Beats (Not including Standard distortion or bitcrushing?

a rainmaker with a https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Pod32Pwr--4ms-pod32-powered-eurorack-case

3 Likes

Oh man, I have wished for this too! If ONLY there was the Rainmaker in desktop / pedal format.

1 Like

Zoia.

this is the most dull, ultra yawn Elektron thread ever.

1 Like

Zoia

1 Like

X1l3 underwurlde (desktop) is a pretty neat mangler/delay.

1 Like

stick around it gets worse

5 Likes

the X1 is definitely interesting, a little harsh for the type of mangle-ing I’m looking for right now but it’s got some mojo

If Intellijel is listening, I’d love this, too.

Yup.

2 Likes

if anybody knows a pedal or tabletop solution that emulates the Panharmonium please post it up…

part 1 of his overview is great as well

1 Like

Special Mention for this iPad/iphone App because Igor Vasiliev is the GOAT.

3 Likes

His apps seem great but my god, these UI… It really doesn’t make them appealing. More of a feeling of being a NASA engineer than a musician.

I love love love love love love the UI’s he puts together, it’s one of the best things about his apps imho, they don’t feel like other apps and their workflows provoke a different kind of spark… I usually go into a session with an idea of what I want to do but there is no way for me to follow that when working in his apps and I always come out with something different than the idea I went in with which is wonderful…

of course when I want to come out with the idea I went in with I use something else but I use his apps a lot… sample fodder for days!!

2 Likes

Ahaha I already have the Octatrack for this :wink:

No, really, to not give a single f**k about design at this point, nowadays is … splendid.

2 Likes

these are not as hard to find out in the wild as one would think.

3 Likes

Both the FT201 and BD101 from KOMA are really fun pedals. The IR control thing is a bit bonkers, but they have a rather fine gritty charm. They sit in my pedal cupboard and only come out a couple of times a year but when they do, they always make me smile.

2 Likes

Yeah, the ring mod is great, and a lot more versatile than it might initially appear. I was also lucky enough to pick up a Freqbox while they were in production, and that can also be a very interesting addition to a drum machine or beat. Sadly all the MFs seem to have entered silly money territory now, though the ring mod seems to be at the lower end of that. Then again, many of the pedals here start off in that realm…

1 Like