Ideas For Pedals Good For Mangling Beats (Not including Standard distortion or bitcrushing?

I actually reserved one through my local music shop as soon as I heard that moog was planning to release the mf line. It seemed so expensive at the time but it seems like a deal in retrospect. The current prices are crazy.
Yes, super versatile. You can get a lot of effects out of it beyond ring/ sideband modulation sounds. It’s even one of my favorite distortions.
I tried the freqbox in a store once when they came out and almost bought it but couldn’t quite justify the price at the time. I sometimes wish I had, it sounded great. Aside from the price, you can’t go wrong with any of them but the ring mod is the one I’m going to be buried with.

Like almost everyone else who didn’t, I wish I’d bought more MFs. I did get a CP-251 when eBay had one of their voucher deals, another fortunate purchase. I dithered over a MURF loads of times, and missed out on the smaller pedals completely. But it wouldn’t surprise me to see them get back into the pedal / fx game at some point.

Oh cool. The cp251 seems like a great device, especially if you have a few ‘foogers.
I bet they’ll get back into the pedal game eventually, they seem to do well with it and they’ve been at it a long time. I have an old MFZ-1 distortion pedal that bob moog designed for maestro way back in the day. Found it in a dumpster.
I haven’t tried any of the minifoogers but even those are getting pretty expensive.

very interesting and compact form factor on this one.

2 Likes

Two recent additions

Will report back as to their beat-mangling prowess.

6 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

benidub gets it in

2 Likes

Premiere July 3rd

4 Likes

waiting on oora :slight_smile:
he’s got some others up already on his yt channel and ig using benidub as well

1 Like

Hey thanks for sharing my video! Surprise! =)

There are so many good ones! I’ve made some demos with synths and drum machines in mind, and here are some that I think are definitely good ones in the “mangle” territory! Feel free to hit me up about any of them! =)

Fabrikat (all modes) LONG video but a cool one to get granular:

Montreal Assembly CT5:

DigDugDIY Purple Rain V2 (mono but you can get the deluxe version in stereo):

5 Likes
1 Like

Red panda particle v2!!
I just just use the fx in bitwig. Love that daw

1 Like
4 Likes
1 Like

I got this exact combo early on… and it mostly convinced me to spend more on better synths and pedals, and they now sit unused.

2 Likes

freak + most pedals is good fun but I haven’t tried this combo yet

1 Like

Freak + Source Audio Collider + Analog Heat sounded good to me. Only $1200 worth of post-processing needed.

1 Like