IDM / Ambient Techno made on your Elektron gear

Like this a lot. I’d say it’s close enough to IDM to roll with that. Really enjoy the sound design especially.

I feel the same way. “Intelligent Dance Music” doesn’t really fit the bill of what I end up spitting out, but I don’t know what else to call it aside from my SO’s preferred term - “bleep bloops”. I’m not sure how that’d fly on Soundcloud.

1 Like

the intelligent thing is ridiculous anyway.
For me IDM is just a memorable term to classify electronic music that differs from classic straight 4 on the flour dance music. Anything hard to categorize. But I have no clue about genres anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @hyperstationjr

Yeah, the name “brain dance” is better imo, like how it makes my brain tingle or something :slight_smile:

agreed!

the dance thing is ridiculous imo;

theres the old joke; Intelligent Dance Music. its not intelligent, the vast majority of it you can’t dance to. And it’s arguably music.

intelligent dance music = NO
IDM = yes
brain dance = yes

5 Likes

Just stick the odd 303 or 606 sound in there and call it Acid. Done.

5 Likes

hehe so true.

Taking these ones for another spin :man_dancing:!

weekend track/jam :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Died. Laughing.

5 Likes

Album is finally released! all tracks feature the digitone and the analog rytm except the last track which is just features the digitone.

8 Likes

nice, really looking forward to it :+1: congrats

1 Like

Will take a listen when I get a chance. I know it will have plenty of IDM goodness and exceptional sequencing. Can’t wait!

1 Like

Before Entropy Mag wrote the review of this album, they asked me about my process a bit. Elektron gets some serious shout outs in this album review!

All the wonderful sounds are fully engaging thanks to their tireless efforts with items like the acidic Digitone, the Korg Prologue 8, and the Sequentix Cirklon. If that last one sounds familiar, it is due to Aphex Twin’s usage, with some of the songs off his “Cheetah EP” being named directly after the piece of equipment.

more nice quotes

Many of the pieces found on this album at times touch upon AFX’s Analord singles – taut, compact, and with a degree of dexterity that much of IDM only dreams of. Throughout the album, the themes and melodies emerge in new, fantastic ways. Drenched, and I mean drenched, in pure acid shows how thoughtful acid techno can be when handled the right way.

Super stoked and wanted to share it here because this is the thread on this forum, is where I tested out demos of a bunch of tracks, and got feedback that determined what finally made it this album.

9 Likes

Awesome work! I bet it feels awesome to be compared to one of the greats like AFX, though your songs have a flavor all their own. Your work has inspired me to write more complex patterns and dive into Digitone Acid programming something fierce. Keep up the good work and keep sharing with us. Long live Braindance!

Curious question, is “Cassilda and Carcosa” a group or just a solo act? I’d assumed it was just you rockin solo.

2 Likes

Curious question, is “Cassilda and Carcosa” a group or just a solo act? I’d assumed it was just you rockin solo.

Just me, basically a reference to the characters and places in “The King in Yellow.”

The King in Yellow (Wikipedia)

2 Likes

Listening at the moment - really enjoying…loads. :slight_smile: …and yes, I dream my own creations had that degree of dexterity!

1 Like

I usually don’t listen or produce old IDM from the 90’s, I like more experimental and abstract stuff, but you have done a good work, well done man!

1 Like

Definitely Autechre-inspired noisy ambient IDM, with plenty of washy percussive textures and big space.

I posted this in another thread, but figured this one might be more appropriate, I hope that’s alright. This track started out as a Pure Data patch using Automatonism that I heavily edited, then added additional sounds from the Analog Four (main pad, noise percussion, and kicks) and Digitone (noise percussion and clicks), as well as other sounds within Logic to flesh it out.

I particularly like the pad and kick sounds the A4 is making. I just don’t get bored with this synth. I had the DN doing pads and other things in an earlier version of this track but ended up editing that out. I love the way the DN sounds, but I haven’t ended up featuring it in anything I’m working on just yet.

As always any feedback is appreciated.

6 Likes

I’m going to contribute to this thread and do some shameless self promotion at the same time… the proverbial one two.

The demo tracks for this Techno sample pack I created were 100% made on Digitakt.

Listen / Buy: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like