IDM / Ambient Techno made on your Elektron gear

A track of mine is featured on the IDMf Netlabel compilation “Forms”. Mostly made with Monomachine and Digitone, plus some Volca FM melody and Eurorack (Akemie’s Taiko) snares.

arcsec - David Brown Is On Altair-4

It’s my first finished track in over four years, as I have become a dad TWICE :upside_down_face: in this time and studio time was pretty much nonexistent. Now I’m excited about being back at making music and I’m planning to do a little EP this winter.

9 Likes

Awesome track! just followed you on bancamp, look forward to ear your next work!

1 Like

While i’m here, here is an idm track of mine (already posted on another elektronaut thread some weeks ago but who cares :slight_smile: )

16 Likes

this is the home for IDM / Ambient Techno made on your elektron stuffs! Repost welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very cool, sounds like a HD-Version of a Genesis/SNES game soundtrack, if you know what I mean - it has that chiptune-y vibe to it but in much better sound quality obviously.

I love it, do you have a Bandcamp or SoundCloud link available to listen to more of your stuff?

1 Like

I know what you mean, the monomachine have that vibe, that’s part of why i love this machine, kind of mid-fi sound ^^
Sure, you can check my bandcamp here or my youtube channel. I currently work on an EP in the same vein of the track i posted , i hope to finish it during winter :slight_smile:

More electro than IDM and definitely not ambient but I used a Quadraverb so it’s in on a technicality.

Everything apart from the monosynth is the Model:Cycles, the monosynth is the Erica Bassline (through the Quadraverb). All recorded through the Analog Heat and into my little Zoom. It’s not very well mixed because I’m doing all my mixing on my trusty old Sony 7506 headphones in the corner of the living room.

6 Likes

Saw this late but really enjoying this album. Great stuff

1 Like

Enjoying this. Music to solder to.

1 Like

You’re an excellent album name generator.

Glad you enjoyed it.

1 Like

Just ran through a quick jam on the Octatrack, controlling the Nord Modular and Machinedrum. Really rough sketch but it was nice to record something and try out the new tripod.

1 Like

Digitone, RYTM (no samples), prologue 8, and a tx81z recorded live to a Marantz CP430 tape machine.

13 Likes

Amazing stuff

1 Like

Here’s a video I made using the Korg Wavestate on bass and drums, Elektron Digitakt on breaks, and the Digitone for pads. I also used Stutter Edit 2.

15 Likes

Sounds amazing! Love the video too.

1 Like

Thank you! I’m using Staella and Hyperspektiv on the iPad.

Some new tracks from our Live Set.
The DT is doing the heavy lifting while the Circuit providing extra pads and bass.

7 Likes

Thanks for the resonant pluckies!

1 Like

I was going for a Plaid/ Boards of Canada feel :slight_smile:

Behringer Deepmind 12d on Melody/Lead,
Sequential Prophet 6 on bass/sub bass,
Yamaha Tx81z on plucky stuffs,
Elektron Digitone on pads,leads,
Electron Rytm on tabla and son’s samples/ analog drums,
SSL SiX as mixer
Sequentix Cirklon as the sequencer

6 Likes