IDM / Ambient Techno made on your Elektron gear

Very nice

1 Like

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4022096187872199&id=1105073899574457&fs=5&focus_composer=0&ref=page_internal

Made mostly using the Digitone : )

2 Likes

All analog 4?

No, only the main poly line and a few drums (the noisy tom like sounds) are from the A4.

Ah right cool thanks

What do you think of the A4?

I wanted to get one to pair with a Model Cycles but I have never heard convincing analog sounds out it, mainly in videos. Never tried one

1 Like

It’s mostly great for the sequencer in my opinion, especialy since I have a lot of other analog synthesizer around. I’m on the edge of selling mine actualy but I know I will regret not to have the Elektron sequencer around hehehe.
Here is a few demo videos I made with mine if it can help you:

5 Likes

It’s been a minute since I’ve made anything worth sharing.

Sequentix Cirklon
EHX Cathedral
Novation Bass Station 2
Sequential Prophet 6
Digitone
PreenFM 3
Analog Rytm Mk2
SSL SiX

braindance

10 Likes

superb!

1 Like

I made my first 3 tracks with my new setup.

Think the tracks count as IDM.

I mean I hope it is. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Oh yeah :slight_smile: definitely fits the bill. do you Wanna talk about some of the equipment used :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hmm, Yes, I do. These types of topics are my fav. :slight_smile:

On the first track, I only used DN, MD, and SH01a. For the master bus, I used RNLA and summing on Mackie 1402VLZ4.

Sequence - Pattern chain on DN and song mode on MD.
Drums - MachineDrum with no sample usage.
Melody/Lead - Roland SH01a with Quadraverb on send. I couldn’t classify it well, it can be heard clearly at around 1:00.
Melody - Digitone
Pad - Digitone
Acid Line - Digitone, mostly used build-in fx and a little bit of Quadraverb. Also, the sound is based on your post from Acid on Digitone :slight_smile:

On the second track,

The ostinato is from SH01a with Quadraverb on send.
Drums - MD with no sample usage going to Quadraverb too but a little.
Others are all from Digitone. All sounds have one pattern with fills.
The mixer and Master bus were the same but this time I record the track live.

On the third track,

Drums - TR06
Acid Line - SH01a goes to Quadraverb with extreme settings like %100 wet, aux settings, stereo returns etc.
The pad at the end is from Digitone and it’s the only sound.
The pad on the background at the beginning of the track is the same patch with acid but with different filter settings.
The third pad starts at 2:44 and all the other sounds are from Nord Rack 2.
Same mixer and same comp on master bus.

5 Likes

Great tracks! Really enjoying the acid line and drums on the first track. Sh01a is beast on acid lines and the Digitone is no slouch either. A match made in heaven with a Quadraverb. I actually kinda like my Digitone more than my SH01a (when I had it) for acid melodies, especially with the Arp.

3 Likes

Super nice! Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Some idm-ish ambient-ish stuff made on my Digitone about a year ago. Feel free to have a listen:

6 Likes

Thanks,

They both excel at acid but i prefer DN too. It makes really sweet acid with no loss of low frequencies.

2 Likes

Mostly OT and DN here, in a live studio set

2 Likes

Lovely. It deserves to be made a little louder with a limiter (boosted).

Wonderful!