If you could buy just one thing in 2022, what would it be?

Eventide Space to pair with my Alpha Juno / Ambika. I’ve wanted to try one for a long time and I’ve only really used one hardware reverb for years ( Quadraverb)

4 Likes

Analogue Solutions Colossus. Or a Quantum. Or world peace.

3 Likes

probably a new Mac computer with large wide screen and audio interface and desk. I would put that in my large studio room next to my guitar amps and large monster modular system to record guitar and modular directly.

Moog Matriarch. Starting to realize how much more it can do than Grandmother…

2 Likes

Selling some things soon to acquire a minilogue xd. Perfect cross breed poly and a price that kills. Looking forward to downloading Jexus’s patches to get into deeper patching. Wish I hadn’t sold my first one. But I got the OT out of it.

So I bought a piano.

That didn’t take long. Good thing I never committed to that whole No Gear This Year-thread.

13 Likes

A Mackie ONYX12.
I have what most people would describe as a terrible attention span and genuinely struggle with recording things track by track.
I believe this multitrack recording mixer might be a solution to this problem.
Do any of you have experience with dealing with an awful attention span and being terribly impatient?

2 Likes

It would be a bass extension for my Amphion One18, but that is way expensive… There are two systems, one is 5500 euros, the other one 100000. No way unless I win the lottery :blush:

Nice!

1 Like

Not as nice as your writing. I keep stumble upon it whenever I google stuff, and now just lately, that 10 best synths of all time story. Damn fine writing there, my friend.

2 Likes

Korg Drumlogue

or…

Novation Circuit Pro

2 Likes

Macbook Pro or Sequential Pro 3

Thanks, that’s very kind of you. I ‘turned in my quill’ last year… I’m happily retired now, after 20 years of writing and sound design. It’s time to enjoy all this stuff I’ve been harping on about in the magazines for two decades.

10 Likes

That’s happened to me more than a few times, reading an article on a piece of gear that strikes me as being particularly well-written and relatable, and then scroll back up to the top to find that @Scot_Solida wrote it.

2 Likes

Sheesh :blush:

3 Likes

Nah. You’re too good a writer.

But a pause with no defined end, I get that.

And in practice, it might amount to the same result.

2 Likes

Maybe boring but a new M1 Pro Mac.

My MBP 9 this year and is beggin’ for a successor, as I use it a lot for work and music related stuffs. A full mixed track with just 10 channels is making it going mad hahaha

If not, I’d buy a piano or a trumpet. I love synth sounds but there is something in them that for me it’s impossible to feel connected and really inspired when making music.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. I sold my Machinedrum in 2017 for $750 and they’re pushing $3k on Reverb now. I want the Syntakt fantasy to be true, if for no other reason than to put those people out of business. If that doesn’t happen then I’ll probably buy a Nord Drum or LXR-02.

a time machine

2 Likes

Whatever happened to nord drum 3? It’s weird that only the 3p was released and I’m sure there’s a market for a module without pads (for people like us)

1 Like