If you were starting from scratch what would be your first 3 pieces of gear

• Laptop
  • Ableton Push
  • Eurorack (assuming a 6U/7U case is acceptable)

Currently considering downsizing to this thanks to an unexpected tax f**kup. Will really miss my Syntakt, 0-coast, Strega, Typhon and Nyx though.

1 Like

If the assumption is that I know (more or less) what I’m doing, then an ARP 2600M (with its keyboard), MS-20M and Analog 4, most likely.

2 Likes
  • Laptop running Reason
  • Fender Telecaster - the US Performer I currently own as its lush
  • Fender Precision - an AVRI '63 either in sonic blue or seminole red. Actually, the red would compliment my lake placid blue tele better, so that one.
2 Likes

Hmm, no matter how many times I try and come up with a list it just seems to be combinations of gear I already have plus a Syntakt…

I think I’d focus on a setup just for jamming so:
Syntakt
Vermona Perfourmer
Prophet Rev2 16 (maybe)

1 Like

Based on what I have at the moment.

• Laptop (with ableton)
  • Digitakt
  • Meeblip Triode

MnM, OT and Syntrx.

2 Likes

Perkons
Polivoks Pro
Octatrack

7 Likes

Push 2 and Ableton, decent audio interface, iPad…

1 Like

I’m in this exact spot right now, so this question is very real for me. I have three or four weeks left before I can buy again, so expect my answer to change multiple times. Right now, it’s this:

Hydrasynth Explorer (or Desktop, can’t decide)
Landscape Noon (or TR-06, can’t decide)
Bitwig Studio (final answer)

Ten years ago I’ve started my first serious project with just a laptop, scarlett 2i4 and
a microkorg XL.
I’ve tried a lot of gears trough the years. 3 years ago i took a pause from electronic music, sold all of my gears and got an electric guitar.
What i have missed the most, were a schetch pad like Novation circuit or Digitakt, and a polysynth.
A month ago i decided to buy a minilogue XD, than i saw a brand new Syntakt on auction on Ebay …

Ableton, Syntakt, Minilogue XD (and self made telecaster). I think I’m all settled.

Akai Force
DigitoneKeys
Big iPad

• Ableton because I’d already have a computer

I currently do only have 3 instruments.

Laptop(Renoise)
Model:Samples
Qun mk2

If I had money I’d probably upgrade the M:S to a DT and the Qun to a A4

1 Like

Digitone, Syntakt, Analog Four

A4 has song mode. Jams for years.

MC-707, Syntakt, Ambika.

(no proper 303-style machine … but whatever)

3 Likes

Analog Four mk2 (covers my mono synth or drum needs depending on genre/mood)
Nord Lead A1 keyboard (need some keys and 4-part multi-timbral does me fine)
Toraiz Squid or Squarp Hapax

That would keep me going for quite some time.

3 Likes

I started with laptop, guitar and midi keyboard. I could imagine starting over like that again.

But now I would probably add maschine from the beginning

1 Like

Many ways to go about it, the only piece I’m 100% sure about is the Machinedrum. Well yeah, my piano, of course. Then one of Prophet 6 / Octatrack / Monomachine / Matriarch / Analog Four (which I don’t currently have).

2 Likes

Jupiter 8
Better teeth
Heart of Gold spaceship

3 Likes

T1, ND2, and something at least bitimbral — P2 desktop if I could swing it, maybe, mm2 if not.

1 Like

Jomox Alphabase
Custom 10 Channel Zahl Mixing Console
Tegeler Audio Crème Stereo Bus Compressor

2 Likes